Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Spider Kitten news thread

•  RagnarockerRagnarocker
    • Hails Ninerhertzers!

Chris ex - Taint here.

I haven't posted on here since talking about my now defunct project Nukebirds. Been starting my family and had a crazy few years.

I haven't picked up the bass since Taint split in 2010 but am now playing drums for the last few years for south Wales veterans Spider Kitten.

Not sure who on here has heard or seen us (style-wise we're talking crushing slow psychy/proggy sludgey doom kinda vibe, think Melvins, Goatsnake, Harvey Milk. but we plan that 2013 will be our busiest year.

We've recently released our latest album - Cougar Club on cd whcih is also getting a release soon on cassette through Tartarus records.

Here's the link to our brand new video for the 1st track on the album -

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spider+kitten+twin&o...

And you can pick up the album directly here, either on cd or download -

spiderkitten.bandcamp.com/releases

I will keep this updated as much as possible from now on

Hope you enjoy and spread the word!

CJW
    •  mikemike
    • Glad to have you on board Chris!
    •  basstardbasstard
    • If you haven't picked up the bass since Taint called it a day, does that mean your Gibson RD needs a home?
      Like the song by the way.
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Wow they got a drummer now and its you Chris nice one! Played with Spider Kitten years ago even back then really good band. My one problem was the drum machine... But sounds like that's all fixed!

Keep it heavy sir and congratulations on the family!
    • Cheers guys!

Basstard - (nice name haha) Its not a Gibbo, its a First Act bass, they made me and Jimbob a custom guitar each, my bass was the 1st 5 string they ever made, well chuffed with it, so its a wee bit precious to me haha! The RD's are awesome though aren't they, one of my dream guitars!

Tim, what's happening mate! Been bloody years since I saw you last! Small world eh? Yeh I offered my services a few years back, always loved their recorded stuff but missed seeing drums live when they played, we haven't looked back since, I love playing with those guys! Cheers on the congrats too. Hope you're well man ;)

•  basstardbasstard
    • My wrong- I know the First Act bass but could have sworn I saw a pic of you guys with you playing an RD. Obviously not...
    • basstard says:
      My wrong- I know the First Act bass but could have sworn I saw a pic of you guys with you playing an RD. Obviously not...

I wish, haha, my others are the main one I used for years, my Ibanez ATK5, and my Burns Bison
    • Hey man,
      Yeah has been a while finally on a break from touring basically I'm solo now doing that full time. Spent last 4 years on the road. Also been an age since I played in Wales but I'm Playing Cardiff in April or late May I think on tour with an Americain dude I'm touring with. I'll post the dates up here... but will let you know sir. Say hi to the rest of the band for me wonder if they remember me. Was at the Junction in Bristol the show if I remember. I was taken with them cause they had a nice Swans esq vobe to their sound... which I'm always a sucker for! Hope I can see you with them cause that be ace! Maybe play together at some point.

Tim
    • Tim Holehouse says:
      Hey man,
      Yeah has been a while finally on a break from touring basically I'm solo now doing that full time. Spent last 4 years on the road. Also been an age since I played in Wales but I'm Playing Cardiff in April or late May I think on tour with an Americain dude I'm touring with. I'll post the dates up here... but will let you know sir. Say hi to the rest of the band for me wonder if they remember me. Was at the Junction in Bristol the show if I remember. I was taken with them cause they had a nice Swans esq vobe to their sound... which I'm always a sucker for! Hope I can see you with them cause that be ace! Maybe play together at some point.

Tim

4 years?! Wow, fair do's to ya, thats hardcore mate, good on ya!
      Sweet it'll be cool if I can catch you in Cardiff, let me know when, you on facefook?
      Swans is good for me for a vibe haha, and yeh hopefully we can get something on in the future, we do alot of acoustic based stuff too.

All the best

CJW
    • Yeah has been a tad intense... but fun!

I found cardiff date its 5/4 Cardiff, The Moon Club.

I am indeed on facebook... only Tim Holehouse on there... (well got the two fan pages for the projects...) But yeah I'm up there.

Swans alays been my favourote band really so the TCH stuff I do is certainly that way inclined these day. Yeah be great to play together again man I really would love to hear how it all sounds now.

Great to hear from you dude.

Tim

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Spider Kitten news thread