Menu
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • Thanks to Neil and Laz of Obiat, Aluna have a replacement gig for our cancelled Reading one, at The Monument in Newbury!! This is on Saturday 2nd August... which means we won't be at the all dayer (:(), but have a gig instead (:))
    •  mambamamba
    • You are kidding me?! A stoner/doom gig in Newbury and I'll be in London. Rubbish.
    • Bleedin' typical ain't it? Should be a good gig, the promotor is a really cool person which makes a pleasant change!!

Did a good gig in Coventry Saturday... the promotor did us a stoner disco after the bands played which was ace... we expected all indie bands to be playing but played with some good bands, got all excited when we spotted a cathedral and melvins patch on one of the bands guitarist's jackets!! A bloody good start!!
    •  mambamamba
    • Should be an ok gig in the Monument. There's a decent rock crowd in there and it'll be heaving on a Saturday night. It's only tiny, which is the main reason I very rarely go in there. Do you know if any other bands are playing?

I'll stick something up on the Newbury music forum.
    •  PetePete
    • Catacomb Records says:

which means we won't be at the all dayer (:(),

boo.
    • mamba says:

Should be an ok gig in the Monument. There's a decent rock crowd in there and it'll be heaving on a Saturday night. It's only tiny, which is the main reason I very rarely go in there. Do you know if any other bands are playing?

I'll stick something up on the Newbury music forum.

Cheers for that!! Dunno who else is playing, Obiat aren't, it's just that Neil's (Obiat drummer and top bloke!!) other band Daddy's Little Secret play there alot so he put us in touch with the promotor, hopefully he'll get all of his mates down :D
    •  mambamamba
    • Just found out you will be supporting Painterman who have a pretty big following round these parts, so you will be guaranteed a decent size crowd. Not sure what the crowds will make of the doooom mind!

In a small world twist, Painterman features my girlfriend's cousin Fin, and Bones formerly of biker covers band High Voltage, that my mate's band used to support loads when we were kids. He didn't like being reminded of that fact when I saw them DJing in Reading the other week.
    • Hmm just checked out their link, that could be interesting, do they throw rotten eggs at bands in Newbury?? If not, think it'll be a first when we get take to the stage :D
    •  mambamamba
    • Looks like Painterman aren't playing now.

If anyone else wants to join Aluna on the bill, contact the promoter here and you might be in luck.

It's a free gig in a pretty busy rock pub. Might be ok.

I still won't be there though.
    • Aye, would be ace to have one of the bands off here playing with us (non-sexually of course!!), but you'll all probs be in Camden :cry:
    •  MazzMazz
    • Battlewitch could have played it if I were not on a spiritual retreat that day.
      :(.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO NEWBURY! COME ON..........
    •  mambamamba
    • Glad to hear it went well. I only found out last night that they've started having gigs out the back. They used to have them in the front window. It was rubbish.

I may have to go and check it out to see if it would be worth me putting gigs on in there.

Did anyone else play in the end?
      [Edited by mamba at 08:52 on 04/08/08]
    • Yeah it was cool cheers, proper ace playing outside!!

First we got there and it was on, then it was off, then it was on, then we had to set up the stage and PA and learnt that we were doing our own sound, then we had a kit that was broken, then we got locked in the multi-storey car park and had to be let out, then some very nice man got us a vintage John Bonham style kit that worked, then our friends arrived, then we finally got onto stage and played for an hour in the dark with a light show... which was ace, our audience danced and we had muchos fun in the end... sold some CDs and got paid alot of money for the privilege... we love Newbury!!

Oh, and yeah we were the only ones on, they wanted us to play for longer but we ran out of songs LOL!! Think we're gonna play there again soon :D
      [Edited by Catacomb Records at 09:50 on 04/08/08]
    •  mambamamba
    • Good stuff! Will definitely be there next time.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Newbury Gig