Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Saviours UK Tour 2009

•  slomoslomo
    • Sheffield is tonight people

Saviours
      Freezing Fog
      Awooga
      Naisian

All for £6 (or a cheeky fiver if you drop me an email @ slomo@corporation.org.uk

tada!
    •  slomoslomo
    • Times for tonight are

NAISIAN - 7.30 - 8.00

AWOOGA - 8.15 - 8.45

FREEZING FOG - 9.00 - 9.30

SAVIOURS - 9.45 - 10.30

SUBTITLE IS ON AFTER TONIGHT SO IF YOU ARE UP FOR SOME DUB STEP ACTION STICK AROUND AFTERWARDS FOR THE BASS ASSAULT!
    •  slomoslomo
    • and the ninehertz checklist comes out at 0!
    •  PodgePodge
    • every time you put on a vaguely stoner gig you moan that no 9hz people turn up and swear you'll never do one again, but do.
    •  StockyStocky
    • Slomo....don't put anymore on. Thats my advice. All the bands were sick, the atmosphere was rubbish tho. And you can't do anymore than book the bands and advertise, and thats what you did.

And to be fair he has every right to moan that he puts NineHertz style shows on, and none of you lot turn up. He's not really booking them for anyone other than the NineHertz crew effectively.

I went and I don't even like gigs anymore. Support YOUR, thats right, YOUR scene!!!!!!

And for the record, there were two people who were there last night, and who were at the very first NineHertz meeting all them years ago, anyone care to hazard a guess who?
      [Edited by Stocky at 14:15 on 08/05/09]
    •  paul gpaul g
    • Saviours were stupidly good at The Brudenell, I love that band, playing your unrecorded/unreleased album in full as your set is a mega bold statement. hope they come back over soon.
    •  slomoslomo
    • There were some god almighty riffs flying around last night. It even made me want to listen to early metallica in some ways. Had an absolute blast! Just needed a few more bods to nod their heads and would have been sweet.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Stocky says:
      Slomo....don't put anymore on. Thats my advice. All the bands were sick, the atmosphere was rubbish tho. And you can't do anymore than book the bands and advertise, and thats what you did.

that is my advice too. that way when no one from 9hz turns up they only have their self to blame & slomo doesn't feel bad

Stocky says:
      And to be fair he has every right to moan that he puts NineHertz style shows on, and none of you lot turn up. He's not really booking them for anyone other than the NineHertz crew effectively.

if he's booking them for a group of 4-6 people who run a website in their free time then he's not only stupid but clearly trying to put the corp out of business. I don't think he's stupid or trying to put anyone out of business, i think he's doing his job

Stocky says:
      I went and I don't even like gigs anymore. Support YOUR, thats right, YOUR scene!!!!!!

the only scene here is the one you always make whenever you post on the internet

Stocky says:
      And for the record, there were two people who were there last night, and who were at the very first NineHertz meeting all them years ago, anyone care to hazard a guess who?

i'm guessing the one who bitches about the new website and the one who comes on here about once a month stirring shit once every 6 months
    •  PetePete
    • I didn't go because I don't like Saviours. I saw them with The Sword and Black Cobra last year and didn't like them then and also don't like them on record. That's it.

I thought about saying this in the thread before the gig, as an apology for not coming I suppose, but didn't because I don't like being negative in gig threads because it's not fair on the promoter.
    •  JackJack
    • It is a lot down to what your into listening to, just because this site represents a wide range of music that fits under a large hat doesnt mean that all the people who use it will like every band. I'm not going to see Saviours tonight in London as I'm not that into them, but I am going to see Church Of Misery in a week or so. I'm sure its the same in Sheff, why would you pay money to see a band your not into just to support the 'scene'
      [Edited by Jack at 17:04 on 08/05/09]
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Jack Dickinson is correct.

If it were Church of Misery on at the Corp and not Saviours, I'd be down like a shot.

Used to go to the small room of the Corp all the time when there were bands like Bongzilla, Acid King, Brant Bjork, Boris, Iron Sloth etc.. on. Nowt's really interested me lately though.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • At the end of the day, I suspect Slomo booked Saviours because he likes them, which is fair enough. Me, I dug them when I first saw them, but got bored of them pretty quickly, so I didn't really see the need to pay out to see them and be bored again. Sorry if that's unacceptable, Stocky. One question, though. These only two people who were at the first 9hz meeting and this gig - exactly how many of them paid to get in?
    •  JackJack
    • also as a comparison the clutch show is pretty popular with people on here, a load of the ninehertz crew have bought tickets, so its just a case of people liking some things more than others
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Have to echo Jack's & Tino's comments, also there's not been much that floats my boat at the Corp of late, used to be case that a lot of stuff I wanted to see would play there, Boris, Brant Bjork, High on Fire, Nebula, etc and they were well attended.

Just seems that most bands play Leeds or Manchester more often than not, if a band was into was playing at the Corp would be down in a shot
    •  alanalan
    • I've been up to the Corp 3 times so far this year, and planning to go once or twice more in the next couple of months. As it's best part of 50 miles away I'd say Slomo must be doing something right, but I guess it's all what you're into.

In context, I've been to 1 gig at Rock City this year. Hmm.
    •  StockyStocky
    • Podge. I come on here never. I came on here to see if there was any discussion about the gig, and to see why no one was there. The reason I don't come on anymore, is you Podge. Cos ur a fucking prick. You were a prick when i was in a band with you, and you've continued to be a prick since. This will be my last ever post. Cos frankly, I can't come here and say anything, without you Podge, being a pricky pricky.

•  slomoslomo
    • Big Si says:
      At the end of the day, I suspect Slomo booked Saviours because he likes them, which is fair enough. Me, I dug them when I first saw them, but got bored of them pretty quickly, so I didn't really see the need to pay out to see them and be bored again. Sorry if that's unacceptable, Stocky. One question, though. These only two people who were at the first 9hz meeting and this gig - exactly how many of them paid to get in?

I paid £300 to get in mate.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Your money, though?
      I'm not having a pop at you Slomo, let me get that straight. I think it's brilliant that you make the effort to get different bands on at Corp. I just fail to see why me posting on here means I should pay to see a band I don't really care about.
    •  slomoslomo
    • It's just a shame dude because there new stuff was actually really awesome. Pretty much played brand new stuff which was kind of thrashy stoner but with some goddam huge riffs being thrown in there. I really really enjoyed it and just dissapointed that some of you missed out on a really amazing performance. They have really upped their game and it was also cool because Scott (their drummer) booked the whole tour pretty much off his own back, so kudos to him for that. It really was awesome to watch and they definately deserved a second chance of watching. I cant wait to get my mitts on the new CD.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Saviours UK Tour 2009