Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

[Locked] 9Hz Summer Alldayer & Meetup Sat 8th August

•  sedulussedulus
    • Sedulus would be well game....we've seen some sick shows in Sheffield, but never had the privlidge to play.....
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • don/morrell - is the 8th overtard's wedding?
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • Sounds like fun, and now I cant get Cliffy's "Summer Holiday" out of my head...
    •  DonnyDonny
    • bad admiral says:
      don/morrell - is the 8th overtard's wedding?

6th and 7th are overtards wedding (thurs is the day, friday is the hangover)
    • my birthday's on the 10th...

•  OllieOllie
    • bad admiral says:
      my birthday's on the 10th...

So the 8th would be a fantastic opportunity for a pre birthday celebration!!!
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Ollie says:
      bad admiral says:

That's gonna be one hell of a long weekend. Would be awesome though!

Podge get a venue!!
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • If I play can I get a lift with the koresh's?
    • Donny says:
      Ollie says:
      bad admiral says:

Podge get a venue!!

that's what i was thinking. it's a shame that matt didn't want to combine his wedding and my birthday, so at least now, i have another bite of the cherry. oof, this is going to be PAINFUL!

tim tim, i don't know if
      a) we can play
      b) we are playing
      c) if we're driving
      d) if you can hack 4 hours there and 4 hours back in an enclosed space with what are, essentially 5 very, very stupid children.

however, if this all goes ahead and there is a london posse heading up there, i'm sure we can come to an arrangement on transport.
    •  PodgePodge
    • the eagle eyed amongst you will notice we have a venue and we have a date.
    • I clocked the date... but clearly got off the slow train tonight as I cant see the venue.
    •  PodgePodge
    • I've not put the venue. but its the Shakespeare in Sheffield,
    • I am familiar with this venue. Cheers.
      Will make every effort to make it up for this.
    •  mambamamba
    • Its in the diary.
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • bad admiral says:
      Donny says:
      Ollie says:
      bad admiral says:

Podge get a venue!!

that's what i was thinking. it's a shame that matt didn't want to combine his wedding and my birthday, so at least now, i have another bite of the cherry. oof, this is going to be PAINFUL!

tim tim, i don't know if
      a) we can play
      b) we are playing
      c) if we're driving
      d) if you can hack 4 hours there and 4 hours back in an enclosed space with what are, essentially 5 very, very stupid children.

however, if this all goes ahead and there is a london posse heading up there, i'm sure we can come to an arrangement on transport.

I can handle you children... I was in a band with one of youz, and we did the koresh mong trip to sheffield before your where born dude! Be like old times.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Podge sets the example for us all.

This could well be a two-fest weekend for me (whether i play or not), woop woop.
    •  The real SarahThe real Sarah
    • I've only just seen this... Sounds ace! The last one in Sheff was tons of fun.

Hopkins says:
      I'll happily wear the chef's hat

bad admiral says:

wa-hey!!!

i'll help on the barbie. halloumi and grilled pineapple rings in a bun :P

merguez and burgers would be cool too.

aubergine, peppers and hummus for the vegan (you know who you are).

Mmmmmmm!

Podge, have the Shakespeare given the go ahead to have the BBQ? If so, can I suggest a 'BBQ Cook-Off'? Like a 'Dance-Off' but with fewer moves and more foods... OR a combination of the two! :D
    • The real Sarah says:
      I've only just seen this... Sounds ace! The last one in Sheff was tons of fun.

Hopkins says:
      I'll happily wear the chef's hat

bad admiral says:

wa-hey!!!

i'll help on the barbie. halloumi and grilled pineapple rings in a bun :P

merguez and burgers would be cool too.

aubergine, peppers and hummus for the vegan (you know who you are).

Mmmmmmm!

Podge, have the Shakespeare given the go ahead to have the BBQ? If so, can I suggest a 'BBQ Cook-Off'? Like a 'Dance-Off' but with fewer moves and more foods... OR a combination of the two! :D

i dance like a duke of expression and cook like a motherfucker and am therefore, prematurely disqualifying myself for reasons of fairness.
    •  PodgePodge
    • The real Sarah says:

I've not asked them yet, gonna leave it closer to the time. we do have 2 BBQs here though so could easily have one meat one veg. i figure if we do it under the arch at the shake it should all be good.

need a few more bands to sign up first
    •  seansean
    • domes of silence would like to play 8th alldayer ..

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - [Locked] 9Hz Summer Alldayer & Meetup Sat 8th August