Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Supersonic Festival 2011

•  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • October 21-23, Birmingham Custard Factory

Electric Wizard / Zombi / Wolves in the Throne Room

...and many more!!

Who's in?

I love this festival, have had a great time there the last few years! Hope to have another mini-9hz showing for this one too in October!
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Yeah, I'm definitely up for a partial attendance at least. Probably on whatever day the Wiz are playing. I'd like to see Zombi again, they were great in 2006. Keep watching the Capsule website for further line-up announcements...
    •  JakeJake
    • Day ticket for Wizard I reckon
    •  JohnJohn
    • I'll be there, great festival even though I usually have never heard of any of the bands.
    •  alanalan
    • I see Zu are there again, avec guest. I always like the look of Supersonic, never got round to going though.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • It's well worth a go. I've always enjoyed loads of bands I hadn't previously heard.
      Zu's guest is David Tibet of Current 93.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • basstard says:

Zu's guest is David Tibet of Current 93.

i saw him in fopp in london. he was wearing a nice suit and carreying his shit around in coptic man bags!
    • Zu were great at the 2009 fest - proper jazz.

I reckon they'll put Wizard on the Friday Night Headline slot - the Friday worked well as a metal late night last year with Napalm Death, Fukpig and Drumcorps.
    •  bazzathespazbazzathespaz
    • Tempting. Does it tend to sell out early on do you know?
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • SECRET. CHIEFS. 3.

I'm there.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • bazzathespaz says:
      Tempting. Does it tend to sell out early on do you know?

I've always managed to pay on the door. I think they always keep a few tickets back for disorganized fools like me.
    • basstard says:
      bazzathespaz says:

I've always managed to pay on the door. I think they always keep a few tickets back for disorganized fools like me.

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about booking up major early, keep your peelers on the website though.
    •  bazzathespazbazzathespaz
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      basstard says:
      bazzathespaz says:

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about booking up major early, keep your peelers on the website though.

Good stuff, cheers.
    •  mikemike
    • You will save on an early bird ticket though about now. I have been since 2008 every year, and will keep on going as its the best-organised, best-curated fest I can think of, so much variety and people are generally very friendly. The quality of the sound/lights/venues are always top as well.

Barn Owl in a theatre last year was a touch of genius.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Early bird tickets are out now- £75 + booking fee.

If you're tempted, there's some good footage from previous years on You Tube. Spent a large chunk of last night watching some of my faves from previous years (Swans, Zombi, High on Fire, Circle etc.)
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Oooh, Slabdragger have been added to the line up. Cool eh?
      Apparently the running order/ line ups for the various days will be announced in August.
    • Yay! Doom! Part Chimp are playing too!
    •  mikemike
    • I'm going to a wedding on the sunday now, curses!
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I think I might give it a miss this year to be honest. We'll see...
    •  mikemike
    • I'm still going to the Friday and Saturday, won't be the same without you Jennnnnnn.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Supersonic Festival 2011