Menu

Forums - General Chat

At the Movies

•  GarethGareth
    • Pete says:
      Also half way through 2001 A Space Odyssey. I haven't seen it before, really want to, but found the slow pace tough going with it so nice outside so I'll finish it tomorrow.

Good film but you really need to read the book to understand what the hell is going on at the end. I enjoyed it before I read it but I'm pretentious.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Gareth says:
      Pete says:
      Also half way through 2001 A Space Odyssey. I haven't seen it before, really want to, but found the slow pace tough going with it so nice outside so I'll finish it tomorrow.

Good film but you really need to read the book to understand what the hell is going on at the end. I enjoyed it before I read it but I'm pretentious.

I can't understand a space odyssey. Bonkers
    •  basstardbasstard
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      Gareth says:
      Pete says:

I can't understand a space odyssey. Bonkers

I like films that I don't understand. It makes repeat viewings more interesting.

If you like 2001, try the original Russian version of Solaris by Andrei Tarkovsky. It's very slow paced and a bit heavy going if you're not in the right mood but a good 'thinker' and approximately a million times better than the US remake by Steven Soderburgh.
    •  MazzMazz
    • I like the films with boobs in.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Mazz says:
      I like the films with boobs in.

I'll second this. This is why I like French films...the French like boobies.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Ollie says:
      Mazz says:

and the snatch. i love movies about snatch.
    •  MazzMazz
    • bad admiral says:
      Ollie says:
      Mazz says:

I like cock movies...big fat cocks.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Mazz says:
      bad admiral says:
      Ollie says:
      Mazz says:

I like cock movies...big fat cocks.

far out...far out.
    •  BenBen
    • I saw the Senna film earlier this month, absolutely brilliant, and very moving. Highly Recommended :)
    •  GarethGareth
    • Ben says:
      I saw the Senna film earlier this month, absolutely brilliant, and very moving. Highly Recommended :)

*Spoiler* He crashes at the end.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Ip Man on Film 4 last night- good Kung-Fu flick. Makes a nice change for Film 4 to show something I want to watch before bedtime....
    •  basstardbasstard
    • A Room For Romeo Brass.

Another great Shane Meadows film from a few years back, only £3 on DVD. Not as good as the incredible Dead Man's Shoes though.

Forums - General Chat - At the Movies