Menu

Forums - General Chat

The Ashes

•  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • England actually has a great sports team!

What a great result and just how well they've played is amazing to see.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Awesome stuff. Great performance despite the Ozfest not turning up. Deserve everything they get.

Six Nations next! Time to get far too overexcited about nothing again!
    •  PetePete
    • Tino Insana says:
      England actually has a great sports team!

What a great result and just how well they've played is amazing to see.

Agreed. They are a likeable bunch as well, and have been as well prepared as any team I've ever seen. To quote a couple of articles I've read...

An Australian on cricinfo says:
      It has been a super reversal, engineered by astute leaders, executed by gifted players, carried out by a disciplined outfit. It has, too, been an expression of New England, with its classless babble. Suddenly Australia looks inept and fretful. It will last as long as England stays young and ambitious and dares to look forwards

and...

An Englishman at the Guardian says:
      Congratulations to England. We all want to support a winning team, but so often winning teams aren't actually very likeable. That's the game. But this lot are. This is a team we can all be so proud of; a resourceful group of likeable, humble, good-humoured fellas who wring every last drop from their talent; and who have an equilibrium that allows them to meet with innings victories and thumping defeats and treat those two imposters just the same.

As for six nations next? - Sydney is next, and we've got to win the series or it will be a massive downer.
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • I know I've been out of the loop for a while, but when did they start doing that sprinkler dance??
    •  mambamamba
    • ms tinnitus says:
      I know I've been out of the loop for a while, but when did they start doing that sprinkler dance??

On this tour I think. Started as dressing room banter and then made it on to the pitch.

I've been loving this series, especially this last test as no work has meant I've been able to stay up and watch it a bit more. Last test should be good too, and then we've got the T20 and ODIs.

Forums - General Chat - The Ashes