Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Supersonic Festival

•  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • basstard says:
      Napalm Death and Hallogallo2010 (Michael Rother doing Neu! tunes) just added to the bill...... and loads of weird shit I've got no idea about.

inc. Tweak Bird - who are brilliant! Be great to see them again!
    •  Metal BunnyMetal Bunny
    • I can see why Supersonic could be viewed as 'wanky' compared with, say, Download, but I like wanky music so seeing Godflesh, Swans, Bong, Gnaw, Napalm Death and Melt Banana on the lineup has given me a full-on robot chubby.

Anyone going? I'm playing it this year, so it would be good to meet some of yous. You coming Pete?
    •  basstardbasstard
    • I'm going, not sure if it will be for the whole thing or just one/ two days.
      Will need to wrap up though; it's likely to be wet and cold now that they've moved it to October.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Me and Mike and another chap who doesn't post on here any more are going. Fun.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i need a word with a chum about going to this...
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Got a spare bed in the room I'm staying in, Rich. £20 a night, round the corner. It's a private hostel room. Sharing with me and Matthew Red Stars Parade.

Go on!
    • that sounds nice, cheers, but...

i think the bear wants me to room with him...

and i may be beastly in my sleep.
    •  OllieOllie
    • bad admiral says:
      that sounds nice, cheers, but...

That's why Jen offered.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Ollie says:
      bad admiral says:

That's why Jen offered.

My reputation proceeds me. Yet again.
    •  tftr_sitftr_si
    • can't wait for this!
    • JenTheHen says:
      Ollie says:
      bad admiral says:

That's why Jen offered.

My reputation proceeds me. Yet again.

i suffer from that...
    • I am also going (I think i may have posted this 47 times already!)

Ninehertztastic.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Full Line-Up confirmed now and day tickets are going on sale imminently. Lots of weird shit i know nothing about but sometimes that's half the fun.

FINAL ACTS ADDED TO LINE-UP

KING MIDAS SOUND / ZENI GEVA / CLOAKS (exclusive solo DJ set) /
      FACTORY FLOOR / NISENNENMONDAI / MUGSTAR / DEVILMAN / PETER BRODERICK PIERRE BASTIEN + MALE INSTRUMENTY / FUKPIG / LASH FRENZY vs KK NULL /
      KHYAM ALLAMI AND MASTER MUSICIANS OF UKKAKE PRESENT: BOSPHOREAN / MONARCH/ DEAD FADER / STINKY WIZZLETEAT

Joining confirmed acts including:
      NAPALM DEATH / GODFLESH / SWANS
      HALLOGALLO – Michael Rother + Friends present the music of NEU!

PEOPLE LIKE US / DEMONS (W/SICK LLAMA) / OvO / PART WILD HORSES MANE ON BOTH SIDES / DOSH / TWEAK BIRD / DRUMCORPS / CAVE / PCM / JAILBREAK FEAT. CHRIS CORSANO + HEATHER LEIGH / MELT BANANA / JAMES BLACKSHAW / LICHENS / BONG / GNOD / VOICE OF THE SEVEN THUNDERS / NECRO DEATHMORT / GNAW / EAGLE TWIN / BLUE SABBATH BLACK FIJI

•  mikemike
    • NISSENIMONDAI or however you spell it were amazing last year, unusual they've booked someone the next year again but will be looking forward to that, loads of good stuff, alot of it is new stuff done by people in better bands under new names if that makes sense. Master Musicians of Bukkake with an Iranian instrumentalist will be insane. Can't wait for this, three/four quality headliners in the shape of Neu!, Swans, Godflesh and Napalm Death as well!
    •  mikemike
    • Oh and Zeni Geva will be epic.
    • mike says:
      NISSENIMONDAI or however you spell it were amazing last year!

Really?! I thought they were a bit too simples. The only act there I thought that was totally rubbish was that female Yank country singer who was rather bviously wankered and liked to tell us all repeatedly.

Did you see "Atomized"? Scared me shitless they did and they were the first band on!!
    •  mikemike
    • Nah didn't catch Atomized, first band I saw was Drum Eyes, DJ Scotch Egg playing doom, awesome.

Yeah I think their simplicity made it, took a while for me to click what they were doing but it was great. Yeah that band were awful, can't remember the name now, but she came across like a middle class kid drunk for the first time, the band were plastered and even when they were playing the songs properly were awful.

Did you see Tartufi? Male/female duo playing everything they could? Really stood out, last year was amazing, hoping this year's weirdness is as good!
    •  mikemike
    • KK Null may well shatter eye sockets.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Probably loads of bollocks that people will pretend was life-changing, but if I wasn't skint would probably go for Swans, Godflesh, Eagle Twin and Monarch alone... bah.
    •  mikemike
    • Haha, the thing about Supersonic is it always throws up loads of surprises, Master Musicians Of Bukkake being one, the guitarist from Grails, Trey Spruance and the drummer from The Accused playing what can only be described as Mexican/Amazonian doom dressed like beekeepers and a monster from a swamp was truly incredible.

Asva nearly made me pass out one year, god knows what they were doing.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Supersonic Festival