Menu
    •  MageMage
    • Hello 9Hz.

New band reporting for duty. The culmination of a big fat chunk of apathy with the other bands we're in has led to the formation of Mage. We've only really been active since the start of this year but have plenty of shared experience among the 4 of us. Appreciate it if you check out the page at www.myspace.com/mageband and listen to the couple of tracks that are there. We only have instrumental tracks to offer at the moment, but will be doing a rough rehearsal recording with our recently added singer shortly (providing clean vocals rather than "vokills"). Friendship and comment most welcome. It's a sort of Stoner/Doom/Metal thing that's not afraid of faster bits, but enjoy dragging riffs through the mire.

Any ideas for spreading the word/name most welcome. I've forgotten what it's like starting from scratch...

Thanks for your time.

B - Mage - Guitar
    •  MazzMazz
    • Rob Himself says:
      Nice logo.

Agreed. It made me shit my Heavy Metal pants.
    •  MarekMarek
    • Good name too!
    •  MageMage
    • Thanks for the kind words chaps. At least we know the logo and name is about right. Now to work on the music.;)
    •  MarekMarek
    • Sounds cool too yeah
    •  MageMage
    • 4 new tracks up on the Myspace, now with vocals, including a cover of Weedeater - God Luck And Good Speed/Wizard Fight. Practice room quality and a couple of cock ups here and there but should give a fair idea of where we're at and what we're aiming for if anyone is interested. Cheers.
    •  GrymGrym
    • Hello again my lovelies. I really should log in as Mage to pimp Mage but can't quite be bothered. Anyway, seeing as MySpace is crawling around in the gutter in it's own sick, I thought I'd set up a Reverbnation page for Mage and see if anyone's interested in becoming a "fan" (ugh!) or just having a listen. New practice room recordings up. with vocals and a second guitarist nowadays. It's a bit Rock, a bit Metal, a bit Stoner, a bit Doom and it has lyrics about dragons, big hairy bikers and some shredtastic solos. Go on. Treat yourself...

www.reverbnation.com/mageband

There's also a Facebook page, but I have no idea or particular interest in that so it's handled by our singer.

www.facebook.com/pages/Mage/143884518957774

Ready to gig now, recording properly soon. And that's about it I think. Oh, we do have a couple of gigs but they're in Leicester so I doubt there's much point mentioning them... (January 29th & February 25th both at Lock 42).

Ta muchly.
    •  alanalan
    • Good stuff, I'll have to see what I'm up to those dates.
    •  MazzMazz
    • I'll have me a listen tonight.
    •  GrymGrym
    • Cheers lads.

Debut gig tommorrow night. Ooooohhhhh, exciting.

Leicester. Lock 42 - www.lock42.co.uk

Playing with The Kinells & Temple Of Lies

Flyer for cheaper entry.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7384/flyer29th.jpg

I believe we're actually up a slot to second on now... Doors about 8ish I imagine.
    •  JackJack
    • Good luck!
    •  GrymGrym
    • Cheers man. We're all a bunch of seasoned pros (ie OLD), so it's not quite as nerve wracking as it could be, in fact I think most of the lads are just excited to be let out of the house on a Saturday night instead of dealing with wives and babies - ha ha.;)
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Now THAT'S a dreadful flyer. They should have got Pete to do it in Paint.
    •  JackJack
    • Grym says:
      Cheers man. We're all a bunch of seasoned pros (ie OLD), so it's not quite as nerve wracking as it could be, in fact I think most of the lads are just excited to be let out of the house on a Saturday night instead of dealing with wives and babies - ha ha.;)

You should hook up with Mat from Josiah, he lives in Leicester
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Haha! "2-4 Frog Island" - I smell Josiah...
    •  GrymGrym
    • You do indeed smell Josiah, with them being Leicester natives as well the Frog Island area of the city must have appealed. Maybe we should do something similar with Pork Pie Island...

Anyway, another gig. That's turning into a massive ballache...

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5737/feb25flyerv21294860176.jpg

Potential for giggage here in the summer by the looks of it. Am in talks with venue owner at this Lock 42 place to do a proper Stoner/Doom/Sludge type bill, so I may come knocking on your virtual doors in a few months time if anyone fancies playing. Grifter? Groan? Anyone?
    •  MazzMazz
    • YES PLEASE SIR.
    •  JakeJake
    • If there's space on the bill Alunah would love to play Leicester again
    •  basstardbasstard
    • I'd fucking love to play in Leiceter with Gringo. I lived in Leicester for a few years in the nineties and have great memories of the city; if you could fit us on a bill sometime I'd be chuffed to bits.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Mage