Menu

Forums - General Chat

Long Live The Weekend!!

•  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • What did everyone do with theirs?

Me:
      Friday - Stayed in, cooked, drank beers, chatted to some old friends for the first time in ages and cranked some tunes LOUD.

Saturday - SuperLieIn, bought lots of hayfever drugs, met a mate for a beer in the glorious sunshine right on the Thames, had a bit of a shit night out with a mate from work way south of the river.

Sunday - SuperLieIn, bit of a hangover, go shopping, cook a joint, welcome back returning housemate.
    •  mambamamba
    • Friday - stayed in

Saturday - bit of studying, went for a walk and a picnic in a nice park, bit more studying

Today - pretend to study, but actually yet to start, dream about going to sit in a pub garden but actually not.

Therefore a mostly shit weekend.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Friday: went home, cooked, watched lost.

Saturday: stuck indoors, tiling All fucking day. Finished it tho

Sunday: stuck indoors, mixing koresh album.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • I just got interviewed by a copper whilst wearing my "duck fucking a moomin" Koresh t-shirt!!
    •  DonnyDonny
    • RESULT!!!
    •  JackJack
    • Went to a family get together for my aunty and uncles silver wedding, stayed over in a hotel, had breakfast this morning then a roast. Then I went over and recorded an acoustic stubb demo with Chris Westicle, will post on facebook shortly
    •  alanalan
    • Queued from 8am (I didn't actually know Saturday had an 8am) yesterday to try and get the new Blur single for the missus, failed, so got limited edition Hendrix, Mogwai/Fuck Buttons, and Seasick Steve singles instead.
    •  mambamamba
    • alan says:
      Queued from 8am (I didn't actually know Saturday had an 8am) yesterday to try and get the new Blur single for the missus,

That's love, that is.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Friday night - Watched WITCH HOUSE 3. A really bad b movie...but it had some doom tits in it.

Saturday- Got up bright and early to do some gardening. Then at three went over to Will 2000's house for drinks, then to the barge public house. I drank tooooooooooooo much red wine and fell asleep on my sofa. Laura and the cat woke me up at 3am.

Sunday - Got up feeling rough and then got to work cutting wood and sanding wood. Stopped for TIME TEAM and FOYLE'S WAR. Then listened to a new GROAN track that will end up sounding like William Shatner's version of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds...yeah it's that good..ha ha. It’s a spoken word story about a gypsy who gets fed Magic mushrooms by three witches.
    •  CareyCarey
    • Mazz says:
      A really bad b movie...but it had some doom tits in it.

Aah, Mazz, you always make me giggle. :)

Had a night out with Mrs Podge on Friday, lots of fun but suffered for dallying with the fluoresecent alcopops of youth on Saturday.

On Sunday, I visited Sarah, had awesome takeaway, enjoyed some Deadwood and BUILT A DRAGON. .
    •  JackJack
    • Is sarah ok then? Two hospital mentions. Saw her again when I came through Sheff with Sun Gods
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • She's alright now.

She burst her appendix and it took them about 5 days to diagnose it so it got pretty dangerous and she had an uber operation.

She's doing OK now. Sore and miserable but should be on the mend

x
    •  JackJack
    • aww sounds nasty, say hello for me. Uber operations never good
    •  JackJack
    • you da best innit
    •  PetePete
    • Last week...

Monday - travelling, ferry, stayed in a small town called Delft.

Tuesday - looking round and drinks in Rotterdam

Wednesday - drinks in Rotterdam

Thursday - Eyehategod, Yob, Enslaved, Earthless, Eagle Twin, Magnus Pelander, Troubled Horse, Kylesa and others

Friday - Karma to Burn, Comus, Suma, Church of Misery and others

Saturday - Garcia plays Kyuss, Karma to Burn, Witchcraft, Brant Bjork and the Bros, Fatso Jetson, Death Row and others

Sunday - travelled from 10:30 am until midnight to get home.
    •  seansean
    • Pete, what was Garcia like , was it fun!

Forums - General Chat - Long Live The Weekend!!