Menu

Forums - General Chat

New drummer

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Ollie says:

bad admiral says:

g'waan, i can add you to my list of peoples who think i is a tosser.

i would dearly love to drum for stubb, but i'm not a consistent/solid enough drummer for their sexy groove, will probably grow a big ego and refuse to play anything that doesn't incorporate a d-beat, i don't have the equipment and am already spoken for by enough bands to last me a lifetime!

And you think not being good enough and not having gear is a reasonable excuse???:D

'tis true...am ropey when it comes to set patterns and discipline and things that drummers need. i frequently find myself in positions and situations where i literally run out of hands because i've been being a smart arse who's too drunk to possess the foresight to figure out where he's going at the end of the fill.

i should be much tighter as daddy spent a king's ransom on drum tuition when i was a nipper, but i have serious "jazztwat" issues. isabella is such a solid/groove monster bassist that i would undermine any vibe she was curling out by acting the goat.
    •  JackJack
    • we must do more stone turner soon though that was greeeet fun, next time on acid
    • i'll be doing it on speed and getting aggro.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Move up to the grim north and I'll drum for you.
      My kit has so much dust on the cases I cant tell which drums which anymore :(
    • my snare has a gaffa tape pentagram on it. my bass drum pedal is over 30 years old. my cymbals are borrowed. my sticks are snapped. my skills do not rock.:(
    •  JackJack
    • Pentagram, 30 year old pedal, i see no issue
    •  OllieOllie
    • Interesting how your attaempts to avoid joining are actually piquing Jack's interest further. I think the Pentagram and the 30 year old pedal outweigh the lack of skills.
    •  drewmillwarddrewmillward
    • Laddeth says:

Move up to the grim north and I'll drum for you.
      My kit has so much dust on the cases I cant tell which drums which anymore :(

Move back up North and you can have me drumming as well. Two drummers is surely better than one, no?
    •  MORRELLMORRELL

• Laddeth says:

Two drummers is surely better than one, no?

Works for the Melvins!!
    •  JackJack
    • The pull of the North is calling! Only wish i could work up there, it's a lot cheaper for rent etc
    •  OllieOllie
    • I loved living up North, often wondered why I left...York is an awesome city.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Ollie says:

I loved living up North, often wondered why I left...York is an awesome city.

Past York it starts going downhill. Metaphorically that is.

Forums - General Chat - New drummer