Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Black Sabbath Reunion no.647

•  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • So what does everyone REALLY think about this?

Part of me is stoked that I'll get to see Sabbath before they die, but another part of me thinks that I'll end up going to Download to see:
      - Ozzy Osbourne sound like the dying dog he's sounded like for the past 15 years
      - Bill Ward's arms falling off after the third song
      - Tony Iommi shaking his head in for 2 hours
      - A new set of songs nowhere near the immortal classics like Paranoid

Not like me to be overly cynical, but I'd much rather they just did the tour rather than the album. That said, the Heaven and Hell album was pure class, so you never know.
      [Edited by pull-my-plonker at 11:07 on 13/11/11]
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Anyone who's not stoked about Sabbs getting back together can GTFO.

Every time I've seen Ozzy I've expected some creaking old fart clutching the mic stand for dear life, and every time he's been killer.

Everyone knows the new album won't be Master Of Reality, but bar maybe two duffers, the Heaven & Hell album was genuinely awesome. Iommi still writes killer riffs, I can't really see what there is to worry about on that front. Rick Rubin might make a pig's ear of it, but everyone who's been pointing at Death Magnetic as an example forget that Metallica wrote a shit album, whereas Sabbath won't.

I do hope that they don't play any of the new stuff at Download, though. I'd rather see them do that on the tour.

•  MazzMazz
    • I think it's all good.
    •  jimbishjimbish
    • Given all the problems bill wards had Ill be surpised if he makes it through a tour and album, apparently they had a back up ready when they reformed in 1998, I sore em at the nec and they were great but perhaps theyve left it a bit late this time.

•  MazzMazz
    • I saw them at the NEC in 97 and 99 (I think it was 99) and at the MK bowl in 98..and DOWNLOADZ and Winsley village hall (lie). They were awesome because their songs are strong..they brought the thunder, everyone had fun, beers were drunk, maybe some weed was smoked. ALL HAIL THE SABBATHIANS
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Well I'm definitely excited about this. I can't imagine the album being great but live they've got an easy job of making a killer set from the back catalogue. Aside from Bill's health, I think they're capable of giving anyone a run for their money.
      I was lucky to see them at the (old) B'ham Academy doing a charidee warm up gig before Ozzfest and they were astounding- naturally better than in a cow shed like the NEC or some windswept field. I'd pay to see them anywhere but a gig in a smaller venue would be tops.
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Saw them in 2005. Want to see them in 2012.

Easy.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • i saw them in 98 at ozzfest but can't remember it

[/old man]
    •  MazzMazz
    • I got my download ticket today.

I hope they will be as good as Twisted Sister were last year...MEGA LOLZZZZZ
    •  mambamamba
    • You're going then.

I've been contemplating it but then I had to buy a new shower, get the washing machine fixed, get the car through it's MOT and pay for my chiropractor sessions.

Middle age is approaching. Download ticket will have to wait.
    •  JackJack
    • I'll be there, working again, I'm looking forward to it!
    •  MazzMazz
    • mamba says:
      You're going then.

I've been contemplating it but then I had to buy a new shower, get the washing machine fixed, get the car through it's MOT and pay for my chiropractor sessions.

Middle age is approaching. Download ticket will have to wait.

Yeah..but check this out..Dave bought FAMILY CAMPING tickets for our group...ha ha
    •  mambamamba
    • Hahah nice... sounds right up my street.
    •  MazzMazz
    • mamba says:
      Hahah nice... sounds right up my street.

Dave is feeling old..

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Black Sabbath Reunion no.647