Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Orange Goblin UK tour April 2012

•  OllieOllie
    • Orange Goblin are hitting the road in April to support their new album "Eulogy For The Damned" which is released on February 13th

We're very stoked to announce that Grifter have been invited to be the main tour support for this little jaunt. Should be an absolute drunken belter!!! We'll be flogging CDs and t-shirts on the tour but feel free to buy stuff beforehand!!!

Sat April 7th - Desertfest at The Underworld, Camden
      Sun April 8th - The Fleece, Bristol (plus Church Of Misery, Dopefight and Slabdragger)
      Mon April 9th - Derby, The Old Bell
      Tues April 10th - Glasgow, The Classic Grand
      Weds April 11th - Manchester, Sound Control
      Thurs April 12th - Swansea, The Garage
      Fri April 13th - Plymouth, White Rabbit
      Sat April 14th - Oxford, O2 Academy

The OG boys are also playing a couple of dates in Ireland but we're not doing those so I've not memorised them!!!
    •  MazzMazz
    • Good work..filthy
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • That's awesome Ollie, you'll have a blast! and probably destroy your livers knowing you lot.
    •  OllieOllie
    • WickedWesticle says:
      That's awesome Ollie, you'll have a blast! and probably destroy your livers knowing you lot.

I'm not going to lie to you...I'm a bit fucking scared...I reckon the voice with go by Derby, the back by Glasgow and the liver by Manchester.

I'm on a reasonably strict diet and health/fitness thing until then...not very rock and roll but survival is the key here.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Ollie says:
      WickedWesticle says:
      That's awesome Ollie, you'll have a blast! and probably destroy your livers knowing you lot.

...not very rock and roll but survival is the key here.

I think you have the right idea.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • to be honest ollie, i think you've got it all wrong.

i feel a period of acclimitising the temple of your physical body to the myriad abuses that you're anticipating is key here.

try eating kebab tonight and wash it down with some super skol. gradually increase your intake of grease, booze and meat til your body is functioning like a swiss watch. other tour tricks that have ensured the wellbeing of the k-resh have involve:

"heeling a poo" - need a poo? toilets look like the end of the universe? don't worry sit with the heel of your shoe rammed up your trousered batty crease for five minutes and hey presto! you don't need to poo any more!

"talcing the sac" - slap some baby powder on your knackers to keep them fresh and dry

"self harm central heating" - make sure you have an infected open wound. you never know when you're gonna be stuck somewhere that is cold. cold. infected flesh comes in handy as a source of heat.

"can loo" and "wee cone" - make a funnel out of magazine pages stick it in a can. protable urinal.

"3d ink" when your tattoos go sore and bumpy despite being healed for months it means that there is a surplus of toxins in your system. Flush them out with over the counter medicines such as benedryl, night nurse, cocodamol and dried figs.

"imodium od" - never, never, never block yourself up with imodium even if it seems like a convenient option. avoid like you would hades. unless you're donny.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • i've got a photo of 'the heel' somewhere
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • think its on face book. or there's a video of him doing it. paid for it morning after when he got back to ldn though...
    •  DanLargeDanLarge
    • Good work Ollie!!
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Good advice from Rich, a seasoned pro I do believe.

Great stuff Ollie, hope you have a blast on this jaunt!!

Not unrelated, but by the by, is it just me, or are OG on about 4 different tours all at the same time??
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Shame there's no Brum date but the Bristol one looks mighty tempting.
    •  OllieOllie
    • basstard says:
      Shame there's no Brum date but the Bristol one looks mighty tempting.

Not being terribly geographically minded, how far is Derby from you? Mind you, I know you're a bit south of Brum aren't you?
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Ollie says:
      basstard says:

Not being terribly geographically minded, how far is Derby from you? Mind you, I know you're a bit south of Brum aren't you?

West of Brum, near the Welsh border. Getting to Derby is a bit of a slog, Bristol is much more straight forward (and a much nicer place).
    •  OllieOllie
    • basstard says:
      Ollie says:
      basstard says:

West of Brum, near the Welsh border. Getting to Derby is a bit of a slog, Bristol is much more straight forward (and a much nicer place).

It's settled then, Bristol it is. besides at Bristol you also get Church Of Misery, Dopefight and Slabdragger!!!
    •  IronmonkeyIronmonkey
    • il be going to the bristol date because i live in bristol ha. be great to see dopefight and church of misery again its gunna be a smokey night
    •  MazzMazz
    • I'll be at the Bristol SHOW
    •  OllieOllie
    • Mazz says:
      I'll be at the Bristol SHOW

We shall have to have a glass of wine and discuss Bettany Hughes

http://blackwellclassics.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/bettany-hughes2.jpg
    •  MazzMazz
    • Ollie says:
      Mazz says:

hmmm..the thing is I have a feeling that she has a MASSIVE BUSH..she just seems the type..I like a tidy bush.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Mazz says:
      Ollie says:
      Mazz says:

hmmm..the thing is I have a feeling that she has a MASSIVE BUSH..she just seems the type..I like a tidy bush.

No I'm betting on reasonably trim...she seems quite prim yet with a disticntly flirtatious side. She does a lot of travelling to hot countries...I think she'd rather keep things tidy.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Ollie says:
      Mazz says:
      Ollie says:
      Mazz says:

No I'm betting on reasonably trim...she seems quite prim yet with a disticntly flirtatious side. She does a lot of travelling to hot countries...I think she'd rather keep things tidy.

True..the 'Hot Countries' thing finds me in agreement with you...TRIM

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Orange Goblin UK tour April 2012