Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Fu Manchu - In Search Of... LIVE

•  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      Good man Jack. Is it being left to me to decide a purrrrrrrb?

Hey guys,
      just got some tickets and would like to meet up for a beer beforehand, where are you guys meeting up?

ps. anyone know who is supporting?
      [Edited by ms tinnitus at 20:38 on 04/03/11]
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • ms tinnitus says:
      pull-my-plonker says:

Hey guys,
      just got some tickets and would like to meet up for a beer beforehand, where are you guys meeting up?

No idea who is supporting. I'm meant to be organising a pub, but I'm shit and have no idea in Islington really! Shall we all meet at Angel at, say, 5.30 and find somewhere from there??
    •  JackJack
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      ms tinnitus says:
      pull-my-plonker says:

Hey guys,

No idea who is supporting. I'm meant to be organising a pub, but I'm shit and have no idea in Islington really! Shall we all meet at Angel at, say, 5.30 and find somewhere from there??

Sounds like a plan dude
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Fuuucckkk... that was shit hot. Fu Manchu were on great form in Brum.

Extra points to Alunah for an exemplary support slot ( and massive thanks to Soph for the "Fuck Fu Manchu, this is for Gringo" comment during the set... Fuckin' A!)
    •  mambamamba
    • Jack says:
      pull-my-plonker says:
      ms tinnitus says:
      pull-my-plonker says:

Hey guys,

Sounds like a plan dude

Or earlier?

Doors are at 6:30 aren't they?

At a guess I'll be around at 4ish.
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • @ Jack, Pete and Alex,

there are quite a few possible pubs to meet at, let me check names (not good at names, but can tell you exactly where they are)

there is a rather souless (but cheap) goose or wetherspoons type bar right next to the venue on the 1st floor (lots of seating!) or a good little pub down on the ground floor just before you enter the mall (The Nags Head)
      there is also a niceish pub across the road from the mall (as you come out of Angel, turn sharp right and dont cross the road) The York, and then my personal fav is the Angel - go through the mall and and turn right, The Angel is really nice.

I've got Jack's number.
      [Edited by ms tinnitus at 11:28 on 05/03/11]
    • mamba says:
      Jack says:
      pull-my-plonker says:
      ms tinnitus says:
      pull-my-plonker says:

Hey guys,

Sounds like a plan dude

Or earlier?

Doors are at 6:30 aren't they?

At a guess I'll be around at 4ish.

Didn't realise it was an early one, but you're right.

Angel at 4.30-5ish then? I imagine nothing will happen until at least 7pm.
    •  JackJack
    • I'm going to head in about 3pm so I'll be around and about from about 4
    •  memnonmemnon
    • Jake says:
      Just found out Alunah have been added to Fu Manchu tomorrow in Brum

was listening to Alunah this morning cranked up loud. Fucking quality shit like.
      Tone.
    •  JakeJake
    • memnon says:
      Jake says:

was listening to Alunah this morning cranked up loud. Fucking quality shit like.
      Tone.

Cheers mate....How did your set go in Glasgow?
    •  memnonmemnon
    • Jake says:
      memnon says:
      Jake says:

Tone.

Cheers mate....How did your set go in Glasgow?

Set went well man cheers, venue had filled up nicely by the time we were a couple of songs in, the weejie crowd were on form.
      You guys did the Brum show aye? Good turn out?
      Youz should make the trip up here soon! We'd gladly sort out a couple of shows.
    •  JakeJake
    • Cool...thats good to hear, nice one.

Glasgow sounds fun mate. Keep in touch..."info@alunah.co.uk"
    •  DanLargeDanLarge
    • Fu's were fucking awesome!!!! but without a doubt manchester and london got the bum deal on the supports!! rather of had alunah or lords of bastards!!
    •  JackJack
    • yeah was a great gig, the support were lame, obviously put on that gig due to knowing the right promoter. They could have got a much more fitting band
    • Yeah support was whack yo. The FU were great, although I thought they looked a little tired - must be hard to play a whole album every night and keep it fresh.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Fu Manchu - In Search Of... LIVE