Menu

Forums - General Chat

Pity me..pity me (Weekend thread)

•  MazzMazz
    • I don't feel good.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs245.snc6/179381_490699940307_507860307_6571923_7256322_n.jpg
    •  Minister BonesawMinister Bonesaw
    • Friday - Went to a foam party and got totally messed up... Went to bed at 6am. Well past my bed time.

Saturday - Went to a gig in Wolverhampton and spent all of that time sat on the toilet.

Sunday - Chill, watch some movies, watch Top Gear and then end day with a smoke.
    •  JackJack
    • Went to the Brighton Tattoo convention, that was cool and full of extremely pretty girls. Went and had a burger, then drove home, next year must get a hostel to stay overnight. Today, I'm chilling
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Jack says:
      Went to the Brighton Tattoo convention, that was cool and full of extremely pretty girls. Went and had a burger, then drove home, next year must get a hostel to stay overnight. Today, I'm chilling

Living the dream Dickinson. Living. The. DREAM!

Mazz's and Mamba's weekends do sound rabbish. I do however have a Friday night to rival them for pity-delivering...

Friday - Worked my tits off. Went to the Unicorn for Slabdragger (all killer) and Astrohenge (no filler) and caught up with lots of cool cats.

Got way too drunk though and fell asleep on the Piccadilly line IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!! Woke up at Southgate, fucking fuming.

Left the Unicorn at 12, got home at 3.

Saturday - Hangover from HELL (you can have that as a song title if you want Mazz) and cooked a huge chilli for K's work friends. Listened once again to how shit teaching is.

Sunday - Nice walk. Bought new headphones. About to type an AWESOME review. YEAH!
    •  JackJack
    • I might venture into town now I think
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • What headphones did you get Pete?
      My Shure one's are out of warranty and broken :(

I've had a really quiet weekend too.
      Friday, work birthday drinks with work people.
      Saturday, household chores during the day and then night out at the Big Red - walked past the Gaff on Holloway Road, and it's closed.
      Sunday - made my new American husband fisherman's pie... he had never had it before, and I had to fess up that it was not something I had just thrown together...
    •  GarethGareth
    • ms tinnitus says:
      What headphones did you get Pete?

I just got some Sennheiser CX300IIs in ear 'phones for my MP3 player, really impressed by the sound and around a tenner on e-bay.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • I don't go for big money ones. Just got some "iluvs" by Albra - pretty good!
    •  mikemike
    • I've got some JVC marshmallow ones, they expand in your ear like earplugs and thus block all outside noise, perfect for Barnsley, don't have to listen to mums swearing at kids or just the accent at all, nice.
    •  mambamamba
    • Gareth says:
      ms tinnitus says:
      What headphones did you get Pete?

I just got some Sennheiser CX300IIs in ear 'phones for my MP3 player, really impressed by the sound and around a tenner on e-bay.

They're all I've used for years. Great value.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • good choice G, but beware of the fakes on ebay
      play.com do them for about 15 quid
    •  GarethGareth
    • It was from a reputable seller and they sound good enough for a tenner if they are a knock off. I'll check out Play next time, just went on ebay as I had some Paypal funds after selling a couple of pedals.
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • cheers for the feedback.

I cant afford the Shures anymore, but def need to block out the world. Will take a look on the suggested sites.
    •  GarethGareth
    • These aren't noise cancelling but fit snugly in your ear and block out most stuff. The ultimate test will be when an ambulance drives past.
    •  GarethGareth
    • One of our Judges randomly called me to say she'd bought too much beer for her sons birthday and would I like a half full keg (ie about 20 litres) of Kelham Island Easy Rider dropping off?

I am now mildly drunk.
    •  JackJack
    • Gareth says:
      One of our Judges randomly called me to say she'd bought too much beer for her sons birthday and would I like a half full keg (ie about 20 litres) of Kelham Island Easy Rider dropping off?

I am now mildly drunk.

Total win
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Wow, result! Lovely beer is Easy Rider,
    •  mikemike
    • I am jealous G.
    •  GarethGareth
    • You'd be surprised that no-one who lives nearby was willing to come and help me drink it. I suppose it was a Sunday.

Forums - General Chat - Pity me..pity me (Weekend thread)