Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

gigs in sheffield...

•  PetePete
    • Is anyone going to either of these gigs in Sheffield?

Tuesday 4th May - Sourvein / Saviours

Sunday 9th May - Mouth of the Architect / The Mire / Rinoa / Bleaklow / History

•  PodgePodge
    • First one yes, second one no
    •  mikemike
    • I want to see MOTA, I will be going, good lineup too!
    •  alanalan
    • Might go to the second one, can't knock that lineup for £6!

Should be goin to the Sourvein one in Nottingham.
      [Edited by alan at 22:38 on 26/04/10]
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Yeah I'll be at Sourvein.
    •  alanalan
    • Tino Insana says:
      Yeah I'll be at Sourvein.

Actually, are they coming over? Keep seeing messages about them rescheduling the whole European tour. :(
    • alan says:
      Tino Insana says:
      Yeah I'll be at Sourvein.

Actually, are they coming over? Keep seeing messages about them rescheduling the whole European tour. :(

I hope not, they need to get their arses over here after bailing last year too. Sure there's an explanation somewhere.
    •  alanalan
    • 20th April myspace blog said:
      "europe dates postponed due to volcano... and cancelled flights we are so bummed we cant make it over to jam in europe with our long time buddys EYEHATEGOD and totimoshi.with that being said our hearts go out to the folks in iceland. SOURVEIN plan over makin up these dates very early in the summer.stay doom,dffd t-roy/sourvein"

Last night's Facebook page update says:
      "volcano made us cancell our tour we will be making up these dates in sept...bring hash!!!!"

Hmmmm, one to keep an eye on...
    •  mikemike
    • Sourvein were honestly one of the most boring bands I've had the misfortune to see.
    • I guess they don't put on much of a spectacle, but I really like their material and they're damn heavy in my experience. Plus they dedicated 'Blizzard' to us guys in Nottingham :P

Shame they won't be playing.
    •  PodgePodge
    • mike says:
      Sourvein were honestly one of the most boring bands I've had the misfortune to see.

Says a man who likes Isis
    •  mikemike
    • Just an opinion, they had one song structure and just ploughed it for their set, got boring quite quickly, shame cos I liked one of their records before.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Seriously... Who the fuck are Sourvein? I've honestly never heard of them before this double headline tour.

Oh well, as long as Saviours are playing I'm not really bothered.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Sourvein are ex-buzzoven, current weedeater and hail hornets and the band that liz was in before joining electric wizard
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Anyone who doesnt like Sourvein shouldnt be on here, and is no friend of mine
    •  mikemike
    • *cries*
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • J Parker says:
      Anyone who doesnt like Sourvein shouldnt be on here, and is no friend of mine

They're not on Spotify so I can't tell if we can be friends or not.
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • Hmm they're ok, pretty damn evil. Probably would listen to them much again though.

How about we say let's not bother with Christmas cards but we'll be friendly if we bump into each other in a pub?

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - gigs in sheffield...