Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Karma To Burn + YLD @ Corp - 22/04 - Support ideas?

•  slomoslomo
    • Hello! Long time no speaky!

I have the show next thursday. It's plodding along quite nicely but need a band to open up for a 30 minute set. has anyone got any ideas at all please?

Hope your all dandy and fine x

•  JackJack
    • Stubb:)
    •  JakeJake
    • just pm'd you mate
    •  adam flatlandsadam flatlands
    • Tiger Warsaw are always available for some support action... and we're cheap!
    •  PetePete
    • i'm coming. they were ace both times at roadburn. have they made it to the uk alright though?
    •  CareyCarey
    • How did you get back then?

No notice of cancellation on their myspace, or the venues they played yesterday and tonight, so all seems OK, fingers crossed.

EDIT: Slomo says it's going ahead.
      [Edited by Carey at 16:40 on 20/04/10]
    •  mikemike
    • We all going then?
    •  PetePete
    • Carey says:
      How did you get back then?

Pre-booked ferry. We were the trend setters, as soon as it became known we were ferrying it, the ports began to fill like crazy.
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • yeah followed that trend!
    •  PetePete
    • who's going to this then?

anyone fancy a pre-gig pint in the washington?
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Unless our schedule changes AGAIN. Which it might judging by the way this week is going, I should be there.

Might not be able to make pre-drinks but text me the plan and I shall try...
    •  EggyEggy
    • i'm up for this gig, was impressed with them when supporting Monster Magnet last year, was on night off but going to the snooker now tomorrow night so got work after the gig now. Still should be fun.
    •  mikemike
    • I can't make it, it's going to be a hellish day at work tomorrow.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Mike has to write a thousand words on why he loves Mastodon.
    •  mikemike
    • Close, but nah, got home at just gone 8, sloooooooooow week which meant doing nearly all the newspaper today, lovely, I now know a hell of alot about Barnsley's parliamentary candidates though, the BNP members were stereotypical to a tee.

One guy said:

"We want to get more jobs for British people, a fairer deal for the elderly, bring back hanging and more investment in council housing"

Love the fact he dropped hanging in like it was a plus point.
    •  PetePete
    • Shame you had to work Mike, you missed out - Karma to Burn were amazing.
    •  mambamamba
    • Looking forward to seeing them on Tuesday in Southampton.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Pete says:
      Shame you had to work Mike, you missed out - Karma to Burn were amazing.

Did they play owt new or is this just a cash in tour?
    •  mambamamba
    • I guess there would've been a fair bit of new stuff with the new album coming out any time now (which is pretty awesome from the stuff I've heard).

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Karma To Burn + YLD @ Corp - 22/04 - Support ideas?