Menu

Forums - General Chat

Eurovision

•  OllieOllie
    • I've had to endure Eurovision as my daughter wants to watch it and Finland's entry was a power metal band!!! I had to vote for the good of metal and I propose we get Battlewitch to enter next year!!!
    •  rustyspoonrustyspoon
    • Spain or Latvia should of won it based on cheese alone, is what it's all about.
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • rustyspoon says:

Spain or Latvia should of won it based on cheese alone, is what it's all about.

Yep, Spain was bonkers!!!
    •  fredfred
    • I thought Spain were trying a bit too hard to be bonkers, bosnia and herzegovina on the other hand...
      and what about the one with that old man in a white suit just shouting?
    •  alanalan
    • I can't believe France did so crap, that was great!
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • Latvia, Bosnia & Herzegovina or Azerbaijan should of won - come on!
      Honourable mentions to France and Spain.

UK was tripe. Why did we put a serious one in? Although, to be fair, Scootch last year was ridiculously camp and so totally Eurovision and it still did shit. I was upset for Scootch. :P
    •  rustyspoonrustyspoon
    • quote:
      Azerbaijan

My geography is by far from the best but i'd never even heard of this place before, song wern't overly bad though taking into account it was eurovision.
    •  OllieOllie
    • The guy from Turkey gave me the creeps.
    •  ChrisSDChrisSD
    • rustyspoon says:

quote:
      Azerbaijan

My geography is by far from the best but i'd never even heard of this place before, song wern't overly bad though taking into account it was eurovision.

Borders Russia, Iran, Georgia & Armenia.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • A word has yet to be created that shows my distain and pure unbridled hatred of Eurovision.
      Frans mate rang us up last night and was singing songs down the phone to me all pissed up like.
      It's bad enough hearing them sing it without every idiot about singing them aswell.
      Politics,Politics,Politics. No, its just a shite song.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Good chance we won't be in it next year so your prayers may be answered.
    •  theadoretheadore
    • As with the rest of the world... the song produced by Timbaland won and the loser was music.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • mother russia...mother russia...azerbaijan should have won with the whole angel/demon/screeching thing.

another year dominated by ancient byzantine orthodoxy, i'm fine with. my turk brothers represented for the ottomans though. 3rd isn't bad.

andy abrahams was the only man of colour in this year's competition. our song was classic eurogold. europe is a bunch of racists.
    •  James DJames D
    • I can't believe we did so badly. Joint last, we honestly didn't deserve it.

I thought Ukraine should have won, although Greece and Turkey were also in my top 3. Russia was by no means the worst, but didn't deserve to win. Ukraine were robbed.

"Shady lady..."
    • James D says:

Ukraine were robbed.

"Shady lady..."

no way man! too too much heavy breathing! armenia were way better ("qele, qele!"), but i'm sticking with azerbaijan. france was great...way too quirky to win but i'll be listening to that again at some point.

with you on uk though. classic eurovision fromage done very well. i really hope we do continue to enter. i fucking love eurovision.
    •  tom.atom.a
    • bad admiral says:

i fucking love eurovision.

sumbody's got to i guess.
      on a serious note i got forced to sit through all the semi final bits ( at least i think they were) and my god was it grim but at the same time half of it sounded like the current uk singles chart.

i hate euro vision and allways have but for some bizare reason take great pride in the fact that we allways loose so completely and utterly
    •  James DJames D
    • bad admiral says:

James D says:

Ukraine were robbed.

"Shady lady..."

no way man! too too much heavy breathing! armenia were way better ("qele, qele!"), but i'm sticking with azerbaijan. france was great...way too quirky to win but i'll be listening to that again at some point.

with you on uk though. classic eurovision fromage done very well. i really hope we do continue to enter. i fucking love eurovision.

Armenia wasn't bad, I just though her voice was a bit weak.

I didn't think our entry, Andy, was amazing or deserved to win, but definitely deserved to be top half. The fact Spain etc was above him was awful. Shocking.
    • James D says:

bad admiral says:

James D says:

Ukraine were robbed.

"Shady lady..."

Armenia wasn't bad, I just though her voice was a bit weak.

I didn't think our entry, Andy, was amazing or deserved to win, but definitely deserved to be top half. The fact Spain etc was above him was awful. Shocking.

totally! we're the norway of the naughties...always last! apparently wogan's getting a bit pissed with the political voting and may not present next year...
    •  OllieOllie
    • I think Wogan was just pissed. It wouldn't be the same without Tel, he makes it by taking the piss through the whole thing.

Still think Finland should've won...it's clearly the most metal nation on earth if it spills over into Eurovision.

Forums - General Chat - Eurovision