Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Them Crooked Vultures

•  mambamamba
    • I listened to the first few tracks this morning before work. Sounding better than I expected having heard some of the live bootlegs.

It's easily better than anything QOTSA or Foo Fighters have put out in the last 6-7 years, if not as good as it could've been.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • we have a contender for album of the year, can't wait to see the writing credits, as it's got homme singing you just think QOTSA, but with the other 2 onboard it's just taken to the next level
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Opinion hasn't changed since first time I heard this: it's balls. It's one of those albums that sucks air out of the room and makes you feel really sleepy.
    •  MazzMazz
    • slack mammoth says:
      Opinion hasn't changed since first time I heard this: it's balls. It's one of those albums that sucks air out of the room and makes you feel really sleepy.

Like what happens when BBC Breakfast talk about Strictly Come Dancing?
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • I've only heard a brief bit from YouTube live clips and the sound quality was really bad but it didn't sound that great to me. Looking forward to hearing it decent quality though.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • It's alright, like Shrinebuilder, alright. It's only music, after all, not a cure for poverty, shouldn't be expecting it to be a revelation
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Sounds OK from what I've heard. I'm fine with people saying it's just another QOTSA album, as they're one of my all-time favourite artists, and pretty much anything J.Ho does now is going to be considered QOTSA if he's doing the writing.

Will probs get it for Xmas or summat, I've spent too much on music this past month!
    •  mambamamba
    • Watched that on tv last night. Seemed better than I remember. Probably just because I know the songs now.

Probably better quality here
      [Edited by mamba at 11:00 on 21/11/09]
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • that jamming on Warsaw was INSANE
      JPJ rocking out like the wizard he is
    •  narcomannarcoman
    • I just liked AJ's bemusement on that show.... liked it. Liked it a lot. Quite inspring to me as an "older gent" :) hehe
      [Edited by narcoman at 16:45 on 21/11/09]
    •  Jim GoadJim Goad
    • I like a lot.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Got the album the other day with an HMV giftcard. Love it, although it peters out a bit towards the end.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Rob Himself says:
      Got the album the other day with an HMV giftcard. Love it, although it peters out a bit towards the end.

This is about right.

Did anyone see them on tour? How was it?

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Them Crooked Vultures