Menu

Forums - General Chat

[Locked] October Recently Watched...

•  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • We haven't had one of these for a while.

What have y'all been watching?

I have been enjoying the guilty pleasure that is Harper's Island. Watching vacuous yanks being offed in unpredictable and vicious ways is fun.

Also, did anyone watch The Force the other day? I thought it was genuinely really good. It looked as though it may get boring but it was expertly edited and was fascinating.

America's Next Top Model is back on as well. Winner.

Oh, and the BBC's adaptation of Emma (my favourite Austen book) which is all a bit lacklustre and mis-cast in my opinion. Did we really need ANOTHER Jane Austen adaptation?

I think I've watched other stuff. The V+ box means I never miss anything these days.

God, I watch trash...
    •  MazzMazz
    • nuthin really. Watched Cromwell last night. I love Richard Harris as Cromwell. Very intense
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Not even Songs of Praise?
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • New season episodes of:
      American Dad
      Family Guy & spin-off The Cleveland Show

Zombieland

plenty of music DVDs, Loop, Death Row, Brant Bjork, Blue Cheer
    •  MazzMazz
    • JenTheHen says:
      Not even Songs of Praise?

Not for a couple of weeks.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Mazz says:
      JenTheHen says:
      Not even Songs of Praise?

Not for a couple of weeks.

Withdrawal?

Zombieland any good Smockboy?
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • JenTheHen says:

Yeah, it's good, worth seeing, quality cameo in it too. Zombies, a badass Woody Harrelson, what more could you want to kill some time?
    •  PetePete
    • Smockboy25 says:
      JenTheHen says:

Yeah, it's good, worth seeing, quality cameo in it too. Zombies, a badass Woody Harrelson, what more could you want to kill some time?

I went to the cinema for the first time in over a year to see that. Agree with the cameo bit. My favourite bit was the opening credits - lots of gory slow motion zombie-chases/deaths set to old school metallica (for whom the bell tolls i think).
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • I'm not much of a fan of zombie films in particular.

I bloody loved Dead Snow though. Nazi zombies FTW.
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • Pete says:
      Smockboy25 says:
      JenTheHen says:

I went to the cinema for the first time in over a year to see that. Agree with the cameo bit. My favourite bit was the opening credits - lots of gory slow motion zombie-chases/deaths set to old school metallica (for whom the bell tolls i think).

Yeah great opening sequence! Most films at the cinema tend to be pretty dire, so don't go too much. Did see Moon that was decent a while back.

JenTheHen says:
      I'm not much of a fan of zombie films in particular.

I bloody loved Dead Snow though. Nazi zombies FTW.

Yeah Dead Snow is awesome! Hard to top Nazi zombies...
    •  theadoretheadore
    • JenTheHen says:
      America's Next Top Model is back on as well. Winner.

the wife still makes me watch this every monday... unfortunately now I can name all the contestants... :(

Watched Hung on more4 last night... I can't decide whether it is good or not but it led me to discover the word Dramody which is delicious.
    •  EggyEggy
    • i'm re-watching Lost season 3, then gonna watch season 4 and 5 after i've bought the latter.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Eggy says:
      i'm re-watching Lost season 3, then gonna watch season 4 and 5 after i've bought the latter.

cant you just watch the "previously on Lost" of each series? surely that would mean you could miss out all the pointless crap.
    •  CareyCarey
    • I watched Broken Embraces at the cinema but didn't like it much.

Other than that, I've been watching Peep Show, Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers and Life, and listening to A History of Private Life on Radio 4 and the new Richard Herring podcast, which is patchy. And I miss Andrew.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Zombieland was brilliant!! Saw that on tuesday and was v impressed! I was also the only person simultaneously headbanging and pissing himself laughing to the opening sequence! (Did anyone notice the guy who was so surprised to see a zombie that he threw a hot drink on them?!?!)

Moon was also good, and kinda disturbing.

My viewing kind of revolves around Cheers, Frasier and The X-Files - I've just started series 6 and it's gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.
    •  mikemike
    • I watched Dune today, really hard to follow but really enjoyed it, why don't people make utterly mad films like this any more?
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • wall to wall most haunted and anything with psychics...modern day nano-jesuses, closeted from the persecutionsphere and i-crucifiction by the showmanship of jimmy savile and an army of women with millefeuille chins and triceps made from boiled chicken who marry self-hating, drunk naturists.

•  Big SiBig Si
    • mike says:
      I watched Dune today, really hard to follow but really enjoyed it, why don't people make utterly mad films like this any more?

Sorry, but that film's a piece of shit. Read the book and you'll see what I mean. I'm not normally one of the "Oh, the book is so much better" camp, as often it's just the case that the book and the film are very different. In this case, though, the film really is awful.
    •  JackJack
    • i love masterchef
    •  mikemike
    • Big Si says:
      mike says:
      I watched Dune today, really hard to follow but really enjoyed it, why don't people make utterly mad films like this any more?

Sorry, but that film's a piece of shit. Read the book and you'll see what I mean. I'm not normally one of the "Oh, the book is so much better" camp, as often it's just the case that the book and the film are very different. In this case, though, the film really is awful.

I was saying at work, I think I need to read the book to actually understand close to anything that happened. Still looked cool though.

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] October Recently Watched...