Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

NineHertz....defunct....pointless...less use than both my nans dead overies combined......?

•  StockyStocky
    • So y'all are amazing.....ur nights are always successful....ur labels....ur art.... ur fucking mindlesss self indulgent chatter.......all those amazing gigs y'all put on.....

Heres my point....pull ur fingers out....and make a difference like y'all 'once did'...or just call it a day..... and let some kids....who actually care.... run this...rather than you three (sorry......ooohhhh...eleven.....) self righteous musical failures. Its actually saddening coming on here.

Original ninehertz crew.....achieved......A nicer looking website in 6 years!!!!
      Podge/Calculon....... Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Flatlands posse...... so much potential....so many contacts........blah blah.....
      Everyone else on here......no Excelsum.....no ninehertz.......no Slomo....no good shows.....woo...lets put on gentlemans pistols!!!!!!!!!!!! and some band that Hangnail used to be in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So in all seriousness......do sommat good for YOUR SCENE!!!!!......or just fuck off.....because a hobbies all good..... a fucking excuse of an excuse for a website is an excuse for an excuse for a website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......especially one from a city that has produced the likes of Def Leppard, and WARP Records!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously....if y'all care......then do one of two things........die....or fuck off.....cos ninehertz is about as good for doom/stoner/rock as my cock is as good for the cure for aids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was never gonna come back on here again....but you all need to actually realise...that in musical terms......you've all achieved fuck all......and take that from somone who's residented in various clubs for years (11)....catering for the none existant likes of you.....putting on gigs...... and being part of the most successful Sheffield Metal Band........apart from Def and bmth EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all are so pathetic its untrue......

....if y'all wanna go about being 30 somethings with Sabbath obsessions thats fine....don't pretend even in the slightest y'all care about Stoner/Doom/Sludge/Whatever tho........cos last time Saviours played the uk....non of y'all put them on.....
      As for live music.........i don't even need to go into naming bands....cos you all actually know that truly......this is just an excuse to talk to each other while ur all holding down ur all so Stoner rock 9 to 5's.

Si......Carey.......Ben........I love you guys........ and i always will.......ur so far beyond this its unture....... just let Podge and the rest of the 'LABEL' owners ruin music......it don't need your help too.

Ninehertz.....I was there at the very first meeting....if you believe that this is a good site/good idea/good ethos.....STILL.......then you're all more of a joke put together, than Podge's ability to drum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Stocky dude calm down its just a forum board and Saviours are just a band. I myself enjoyed them and was very pleased to play with them down in London. But they aren't everybodies music taste. Its great you have passion for this band and your music scene.
      I personally think that this site is one of the best sites on the net. Its one of few boards and sites I check regually. They support not just stoner but all sorts of scenes. I personally am uninterested in half the stoner rock bands people chat about, I'm not a big stoner rock guy. I love my doom that's true and am open to new things.
      I personally think podge did a good job with the label he at last tried to do something to suppirt bands he loved. While may not have come to huge money sucess and he probably lost money that he worked hard for.
      Also i think personally Flatlands are a great band and their album is one of the best albums I've heard this year. I think they deserve to be alot bigger than they are and they do put the hours in I feel.
      Now I've met you seem like a nice guy each time I have met you... I haven't seen you though for a long time. But anyway don't take this as a personal attack I'm just as you where voicing my opinion which is I like ninehertz and can not thank them enough for their constant support of my work and introducing me to new acts I've come to love.

Tim
    •  MazzMazz
    • Stocky says:
      .this is just an excuse to talk to each other while ur all holding down ur all so Stoner rock 9 to 5's.

That's what I use all forums for.

ROCK AND ROLL
    •  OllieOllie
    • It's good to see that some people haven't lost the talent for decent, civilised and reasonable argument.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Ollie says:
      It's good to see that some people haven't lost the talent for decent, civilised and reasonable argument.

Fun you, you muddyfunster, suck my duck!
    •  MazzMazz
    • He scared me.

I'm going to write a song about it.

DIRTY AT THIRTY ROCK AND ROLL SABBATH..or summit
    •  MazzMazz
    • Stocky says:
      that in musical terms......you've all achieved fuck all......

Hold the FUCK on...RATZ ASS?????
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • Hopkins says:
      Ollie says:
      It's good to see that some people haven't lost the talent for decent, civilised and reasonable argument.

Fun you, you muddyfunster, suck my duck!

That made me chuckle quietly in the office (which is my equivelent of ROTFLOL)

Did you fun my wife?
      No I didn't fun your wife?
      Did you FUN my wife?
      No I didn't FUN your wife, she sucked my duck and I ate her pocket.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • That made me laugh. "Overies" indeed.
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Stocky says:

Seriously....if y'all care......then do one of two things........die....or fuck off.....cos ninehertz is about as good for doom/stoner/rock as my cock is as good for the cure for aids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I've spotted Stocky's hidden message here... You should go to the doctor
    • Maybe this debate should be settled by a wrestle off? Grown me in Lycra isn't it!
    •  tom.atom.a
    • stocky has got a point within the ranting. i stopped posting on here a while back as there is nothing on here anymore except endless list threads. there is no content on this site, ben put alot of work into building what is a good site and there is nothing on it.

has there even been a 9hz organised gig (should i say arranged as oganised aint generaly a word used in conjuntion with 9hz gigs) this year? if there has then its slipped right under my radar or was that unremarkable that i dont remember it. or have you stopped putting gigs on because nobody can be bothered to come down when they can sit and talk crap on a forum about how there are no good gigs coming up or they cant be arsed to go see such and such as they may have progressed on from the first record or ep.... but hey if thats how your supposed to support a music scene these days then fuck me i must be a dinosaur on the grounds that i still like going to shows to watch bands let alone look forward to hearing new music.
      last year a massive effort was made to put on the alldayer in london is anything even being done this year even on a smaller scale or cant you be arsed at all anymore?

if between the people who claim to run this site if any of you are even bothered anymore then do somthing with it and make the name worth somthing and do somthing to support the scene you claim to champoin so much. though im doubtfull that this will even happen considdering this thread has even been allowed to reach two pages and still going with out anysign of anything being even remotly moderated or locked kinda says youve all lost interest but please prove me wrong and make this site and forum somthing worth reading again for gods sake or just take the fucker down and put it to bed.

personally im off to flog dead horses for glue....................
    • Erm isn't their a thread about this years all dayer in sheffield... isn't the venue already booked. Isn't it gonna be fun and lovley time...
    •  JackJack
    • It is a lot less active than it once was but recently there has been some activity starting to appear, the reviews part is sorting itself out, I have several reviews almost ready to submit and within the last couple of months several have been put up. There is a gig being organised to take place in Sheffield, Podge has a date set etc, the threads on here, there's also been some effort towards doing another compilation and making sure the old ones will be available for download etc. It's slow but its still something. The thing that annoys me most is people who have all the talk about the 'scene' and rattle on that this should happen and that should happen but they never do anything themselves. All talk, no action. I don't even think there is a scene or has been a scene.
      In terms of being useful long term both the Ninehertz gig in London last year and the gig I just put on with Roadsaw in London both used some bands that post on here quite often, without this site I'd never have known them. It does have it's uses.
    • And without this site I'd have probably never met half of the awesome people I have met (Mr Dickinson for one). Just because people don't go shouting about its a ninehertz gig doesn't mean this sites been responsible for lots of great music stuff.
      Personally as a touring musician and somebody who is very active in music... this site is awesome which is why I support it and review when i can and support it.
    • Must admit I'm surprised by the lack of interest in the compilation, but the all-dayer is going to be ace, so there.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Rob Himself says:
      Must admit I'm surprised by the lack of interest in the compilation

I suspect its because this year its download only, download isn't as cool as a physical CD and so less people are interested.

tom.a says:
      there is no content on this site

where is your The Winchester Club review? that would help fill out the site

To everyone...
      there is a big box on the right saying "get involved" if you think this place is a bit quiet why not do something about it your self? oh that's right, easier to moan / tell other people what to do than pull your own finger out and do it.
      [Edited by Podge at 09:33 on 14/05/09]
    •  OllieOllie
    • I never got the impression that this site was the sole responsibility of 3-4 people to keep going...anyone can submit a review or provide news...etc. Obviously new review material has been sent to a central place but great steps have been taken to distribute this now and reviews are trickling in. I'll admit mine are trickling in slowly as I have to fit them in aorund my "30 something 9 to 5"...better that than a 20 something unemployed!!! Unfortunately things like keeping a roof over our heads, feeding the family and paying bills are quite important. Podge for his part is organising the all dayer, which is a mammoth task and if he manages to put on all the bands that want to play will make up for any lack of gigs through the rest of the year!!! People can bang on about a scene..what scene??? The people involved with this site have a diverse range of tastes in music so there is no scene. The forum is consistently active and, admittedly some of the threads/posts may be pretty banal but it's keeping people communicating and forging friendships. This is much more a community than any kind of scene. I personally have made a fair few friends throiugh this site and the band have also got some good gigs as a result of the contacts made here. I doubt we'd have got to know Soph and Alunah or become involved with catacomb Records if it wasn't for Ninehertz so it's not just about what is happening with the site but what people have taken away from it and are doing elsewhere.
      [Edited by Ollie at 09:59 on 14/05/09]
    • I wouldn't mind doing some reviews again.
    •  PetePete
    • tom.a says:
      stocky has got a point within the ranting. i stopped posting on here a while back as there is nothing on here anymore except endless list threads. there is no content on this site, ben put alot of work into building what is a good site and there is nothing on it.

has there even been a 9hz organised gig (should i say arranged as oganised aint generaly a word used in conjuntion with 9hz gigs) this year? if there has then its slipped right under my radar or was that unremarkable that i dont remember it. or have you stopped putting gigs on because nobody can be bothered to come down when they can sit and talk crap on a forum about how there are no good gigs coming up or they cant be arsed to go see such and such as they may have progressed on from the first record or ep.... but hey if thats how your supposed to support a music scene these days then fuck me i must be a dinosaur on the grounds that i still like going to shows to watch bands let alone look forward to hearing new music.
      last year a massive effort was made to put on the alldayer in london is anything even being done this year even on a smaller scale or cant you be arsed at all anymore?

if between the people who claim to run this site if any of you are even bothered anymore then do somthing with it and make the name worth somthing and do somthing to support the scene you claim to champoin so much. though im doubtfull that this will even happen considdering this thread has even been allowed to reach two pages and still going with out anysign of anything being even remotly moderated or locked kinda says youve all lost interest but please prove me wrong and make this site and forum somthing worth reading again for gods sake or just take the fucker down and put it to bed.

personally im off to flog dead horses for glue....................

ninehertz is, and always was - from the very first meeting - a review website (or fanzine before that). Not a gig promotion collective, not even a forum. In the last 6 weeks, 22 new reviews have been added to the site, ranging from unknown bands across the world, to bigger bands like Roadsaw as well as one of a band from the local 'scene' Flatlands.

We never said we were in it for the Sheffield 'scene' - we're a national website and the locations of those who post in our forum go to prove that.

As for the gigs we've done - to say they're unorganised is a tad unfair I think - in the vast majority, all have run to time, bands haven't had their sets cut short, bands have been paid, equipment has been arranged, attendances (while never high) never dire (but then getting hundreds of people down isn't the central point in music like ours anyway, surely - it's about helping the band, getting a respectable amount of people down and treating them right, you know 'supporting the scene';). And we've done this with no backing from a club or drinks sales - money made from the door and if necessary our pockets. That isn't a dig at Corp, it's just a fact about our gigs.

As for gigs this year, yeah we've been quiet, and it's not because we're worried about attendances, just circumstance. Again this isn't the essence of ninehertz. The ninehertz name was on the flyer for Steve's (Tino Insana on here) Palehorse and Moloch gig recently - two of the best sludge bands the UK has - you weren't at that - I'm not bothered but it seems to contradict the feeling put forward in this thread and the Saviours one that I (and others) should have attended that even though I don't like them "for the scene". As for future gigs and alldayers, yes we are doing one - there is a sticky thread in Bands and Gigs about it which is hard to miss.

As for not locking the thread - this shows we do care rather than we don't. If you were correct that we only cared about chatting shit with friends in the forum, then it would have been easy for us to lock the threads, censor some posts and maintain the status quo. The reason no one has responded thus far is because it would have fuelled a fire and we doubted we'd have had reasonable debate - and that in some posts there are personal attacks which contravene our (and most forums) rules, so we've been talking privately about it.

Finally, I'm glad I can type something now and welcome a sensible debate Tom. I'd reiterate two points - (1) I don't like Saviours, therefore I didn't go see them in Sheffield. I'm not going to go to a gig by a band I don't like, and doing so isn't anything to do with "the scene". It's opinion, the same reason why some people don't come to some ninehertz gigs.... (2) ninehertz is first and foremost a review website. Always was, always will be.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - NineHertz....defunct....pointless...less use than both my nans dead overies combined......?