Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Who's coming to Mantra?

•  DonnyDonny
    • Me and my missus. Might be a bit late though. What time does it start/finish?
    •  JackJack
    • yup and mudhoney is the day before, awesome. So for me it's Mudhoney, Mantra then Ninehertz all dayer, woop
    •  mambamamba
    • A diminishing possibility.
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • is it at bar monsta?
    •  JackJack
    • Fiddlers Elbow in chalk farm. Really close to Camden barfly
    •  DonnyDonny
    • in a part of town that scares me
    •  JackJack
    • it is indeed scary
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • what!!! i might be wrong but im sure i saw a poster for mantra playing at bar monsta or am i thinking of something else... there is a band from york called mantra there like black label society kind of stuff....are we talking about same thing ha ha

•  HogTeamHogTeam
    • + chalk farm isnt that scary...just carry your stabbing tools and you wil be just fine.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Mantra night & mantra band = different things
    •  JackJack
    • we are meaning mantra night with Litmus, Invasion and Aluna playing
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • It's just off the beaten track, v close to tube but suddenly feels as if you're in Assault on Precinct 13 - kids sitting on walls in vast numbers when I was there, and some right dodgy geezers in the pub. However not that bad as pubs go...

Sadly I now live bloody miles away
    •  HogTeamHogTeam
    • ah i see........confusion confirmed...

yeah i seem to remember seeing grifter on a poster that said mantra on it. a few month ago...it all makes sense now...

i was trying to think why mantra would do 2 dates in london so close together.

•  DonnyDonny
    • Back street a go-go
    •  Catacomb RecordsCatacomb Records
    • We (Aluna) have been there a few times and has been very cool... though last time it was a bit scary... ghetto kids everywhere and a scary man in the pub who kept spying on me and me mate Amie with his scary eyes...

Overall, an ace pub and have always had a good time there (cheers Graham) x
    • Donny says:

Me and my missus. Might be a bit late though. What time does it start/finish?

Ahh I dunno... Think it has always been 8 till silly 'o' clock

Graham... help??
    •  GrahamGraham
    • It's not that scary a part of town..:) Remember, ghetto kids are more afraid of you than your are of them, or is that bears? I forget... Plus it is true- the pub people are all a bit David Lynch sometimes.. But that aside its a pretty cool venue once the bands start and the weirdos leave lol.

Anyway.. I know its a bit early, but we kinda have to start at 8- cos there's five bands playing. I want to afford Litmus as long a set as possible- it would just be silly to give them 1/2 hour. So yeah, 8 till around 12.

I'm aware of the band 'Mantra', should I offer them money or something? Lol! :)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u275/DrGre/Mantra010808-2-1.jpg
    • Yeah, I love the place, it's got character... think the weirdos add to it!!

Anyhoo, Aluna are on first at 8pm so pleeeaassee come and watch us, we don't wanna come all that way to play to the blind man and his dog :D
    •  seansean
    • Graham says:

It's not that scary a part of town..:) Remember, ghetto kids are more afraid of you than your are of them, or is that bears? I forget... Plus it is true- the pub people are all a bit David Lynch sometimes.. But that aside its a pretty cool venue once the bands start and the weirdos leave lol.

hello graham, you may be right ,i had some of the kids square up to me outside about my car ,giving it..you bringing your 06 plate down ere and is that a sat nav cause i is gonna rob it..i said its the radio ..it come standard with this model....odd little oiks that they are but , nothing to worry about because in fact graham runs a brilliant night..;)

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Who's coming to Mantra?