Menu

Forums - General Chat

Cat thread part VIII

•  Big SiBig Si
    • Mike, does Ben wake up like this?

Old, but it still cracks me up.
    •  bitterandtwistedbitterandtwisted
    • Breedism? There certainly is. When I was looking for a new companion recently I discovered that pure black cats are the least popular of all to re-home and next are the black and white ones, after that it's tabbys and ginger at the top of the non-pedigrees. Who wouldn't give a home to a darling black pusscat? From what I've read the animal charities are full to bursting with adult black kittys. A non-pedigree ginger kitten can be sold for up to £160! Breeding and selling kittens when there are tens of thousands in cat-rescue looking for homes absolutely beggars belief

Did I mention that I LOVE CATS?
    •  BenBen
    • ultimatekev says:

mike says:

Bens stopped biting my feet in the morning, he sleeps on our legs now and I sometimes have to wake HIM up, I like this better.

Ben never behaved like this when I shared a house with him although we would often find him , around 3am , fast asleep , fully clothed with a half eaten Aslans chips and cheese on his knee and Vh1 on very , very loud .
      This was most Saturday nights until he met Amy.

LOL!
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • What was the controversy all about? I'm intrigued.

I don't understand why black cats are the least popular. Black cats are awesome. Obviously I have to say that black and white cats are the best though.

There is a cat on our street who looks just like Jack. It's quite creepy. I call him Bigger Jack. Anyway, they had a face off at 4 this morning in the garden. I was slightly tipsy and a little perplexed.

Bigger Jack is inferior though. Fact.

Did I ever mention that I too love cats?

I hope that Lucy the kitten comes back to Sluggo. He will be a good dad.
    •  Rob SmithRob Smith
    • ultimatekev says:

you gave it some thought. thats the main thing.
      I work for a dog charity on a regular basis. I wont get into it cos it'll bore you but we meet both dog breeders and animal lovers on our travels.
      I've given up on having the argument with the breeders ( and most of them are fox hunting tory countryside alliance bigots anyway ) it's just incredible that were all on the same side and committed to helping dogs, that would otherwise be put down for no other reason than that they're homeless , but they can't seem to understand that they're perpetuating the the cycle and that any non pedigree dog that is 'produced' along the way is another one we need to find a home for.
      Animals can make great companions and theres no such thing as a 'bad breed ' of dogs , just bad breeders and irresponsible traders in animals.
      rant over. ( for now )

If i was gay i'd love you. however i'm not so a hearty man hand shake via the phone line will have to do.
    •  Rob SmithRob Smith
    • JenTheHen says:

Carey says:

good point about breeders. my mum is a huge cat lover and over the years has had all sorts of cats from strays, unwanted kittens etc. but as a child she had a siamese and she always wanted another one so when her last cat died she went and bought one. it's a lovely cat, but the conditions it was bred in were horrific. and this was from a breeder with a good reputation. aside from animal cruelty, it's like a form of racism as well.

Breedism?

Specieism.
    •  noonenoone
    • Rob Smith says:

JenTheHen says:

Carey says:

good point about breeders. my mum is a huge cat lover and over the years has had all sorts of cats from strays, unwanted kittens etc. but as a child she had a siamese and she always wanted another one so when her last cat died she went and bought one. it's a lovely cat, but the conditions it was bred in were horrific. and this was from a breeder with a good reputation. aside from animal cruelty, it's like a form of racism as well.

Breedism?

Specieism.

hatebreeders?
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • JenTheHen says:

What was the controversy all about? I'm intrigued.

Click the quoted link in Mike's post rather than the one Theadore edited. Then you'll know. You'll know then.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Big Si says:

JenTheHen says:

What was the controversy all about? I'm intrigued.

Click the quoted link in Mike's post rather than the one Theadore edited. Then you'll know. You'll know then.

FUCK OFF.

I am DISGUSTED!

The word cunt was justified.

JUSTIFIED.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Maybe, but pursuing the argument in other, unrelated threads is a massive over-reaction. Mike had the grace to leave it here, I think you should too.
    •  Amy BAmy B
    • i've taken the link out of mike's reply as well so it can't cause anymore offence.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Big Si says:

Maybe, but pursuing the argument in other, unrelated threads is a massive over-reaction. Mike had the grace to leave it here, I think you should too.

Thanks dad.
    •  PodgePodge
    • bordering on censorship there. dodgy territory
    •  mikemike
    • I don't think censorship is the issue here.

I think its someone not thinking before they posted.

Plus, it was disgusting and had no warning as to the content.
    •  noonenoone
    • I found it no more or no less disgusting than watching , say , Jamie Oliver gut a fish to cook for a meal.
      Which is it ok to kill some animals but not others?
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • ultimatekev says:

I found it no more or no less disgusting than watching , say , Jamie Oliver gut a fish to cook for a meal.

It's not OK to kill any animals. That's my opinion. Plus, what Mike said. It was upsetting.
    •  mikemike
    • Thats not my point, without getting into that its a bit insensitive to put something that blatant in a thread full of people who would take offence thats all.

It wasn't even funny either.
    •  PodgePodge
    • ultimatekev says:
      I found it no more or no less disgusting than watching , say , Jamie Oliver gut a fish to cook for a meal.
      this is my point, although i did not read the site in full, it to me did not appear to condone or suggest any harm should be brought to any animal, just that it was an instructional aid to cooing an animal, in this case a cat.

its a case of Jen was not offended but descusted by it. the two are different.
      9hz rules says:
      OFFENSIVE: Anything that may be deemed personally offensive to any one person will be reviewed, edited or deleted. Anything deemed racist, sexist or homophobic will be deleted immediately.

i'm not in this for an argument, just pointing out that yes, we'd all like to live in a happy world, but if that's at the hands of enforced change, then are we not self perpetuating the situation?

you'd never guess I've been writing to solicitors today would you?
    •  CareyCarey
    • it should have been posted with a warning as a courtesy.

but it is an issue between martin and amy, i don't think the entire forum's gonna collapse as a result of this.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • I dont even know what you lot are on about

Forums - General Chat - Cat thread part VIII