Menu

Forums - General Chat

New Metallica snippets

•  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • Mission Metalllica

Those little bits on there don't sound half bad. And what could be better than seeing Lars in a dressing gown? Again.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Sounds alright, doesn't sound heavy though and is more Load/Reload to these ears
    •  BenBen
    • Sounds like an improvement on the last one, it even looks like there will be solos again!

Won't hold my breath mind, I would be happy if they put a good album out tho.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Tom wrote a metallica riff for our new track "good night, sleep tight" and as a metallica hater, i found it quite good.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Ben says:

Sounds like an improvement on the last one, it even looks like there will be solos again!

Won't hold my breath mind, I would be happy if they put a good album out tho.

Anything's better than street anger
    •  GarethGareth
    • "I think we should call it 'Frantic'".
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • Gonna have to watch SKOM again. Funnier than tap and bad news
    •  MatthewRedStarsMatthewRedStars
    • I got in trouble on saturday for stating the FACT that Load is better than Kill 'Em All.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Ooh, that sounds surprisingly promising. Thrashy :D
    •  BenBen
    • MatthewRedStars says:

I got in trouble on saturday for stating the FACT that Load is better than Kill 'Em All.

I might just agree with that but it depends what mood I'm in. I hope you're not just trolling tho ;)
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • MatthewRedStars says:

I got in trouble on saturday for stating the FACT that Load is better than Kill 'Em All.

I agree, Kill 'Em All is pretty shite to be honest!
    •  EggyEggy
    • I don't like it when people string the words new and metallica together i instantly think of st anger, especially the drums on it which as about all i remember now, thank fuck.
    •  MatthewRedStarsMatthewRedStars
    • Ben says:

MatthewRedStars says:

I might just agree with that but it depends what mood I'm in. I hope you're not just trolling tho ;)

Nah, fully serious.... Kill Em All isn't very good but seems to be held as some classic thrash record, when i pointed this out to some metallers they acted like i'd raped their kids.
    •  mikemike
    • MatthewRedStars says:
      metallers

I usually gauge people on how close to this word they are. I am a bad person.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • MatthewRedStars says:

Ben says:

MatthewRedStars says:

Nah, fully serious.... Kill Em All isn't very good but seems to be held as some classic thrash record, when i pointed this out to some metallers they acted like i'd raped their kids.

I don't think there's much doubting that it is a classic thrash record. I don't like it much either, Ride The Lightning's much better.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Kill Em All was an important milestone, but has dated horrendously.
      Load has a lot going for it, and I'd much rather hear something like that than another St Anger. Load is at least a band doing what they felt like doing, rather than what they felt they should be doing, and badly misjudging it in the process.
    •  mikemike
    • I'd rather listen to anything else.

I'll get out the thread now.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Yes, Mike, get back to that terribly important revision that stopped you coming to band practice.
    •  mikemike
    • Big Si says:

Yes, Mike, get back to that terribly important revision that stopped you coming to band practice.

Done it mate, done it, watch me fail again!

Forums - General Chat - New Metallica snippets