Menu

Forums - General Chat

manowar - gods of war

•  bad admiralbad admiral
    • this just came through the letterbox at work. it is bound in card and vinyl which is then encapsulated in a metal sleeve. it has loads of boobs and blades in the artwork and all the writing is in runic. i haven't even listened to it yet.

i would put it in recently purchased thread, but it's so indescribably metal that it needs it's own.

sorry and thanks.:)
    •  el pauloel paulo
    • Remember... Other bands play... Manowar KILL!
    • so true...should really slip this on the work hifi but it may trigger relapses so will keep it for secret time with my woman.
    •  MazzMazz
    • That shit is dope.
    •  el pauloel paulo
    • Good call... normally women go weak at the knees or faint on hearing Manowar…

• i broke! it was looking at it, marvelling at how heavy it was and the next thing i knew, my blind and unthinking hands had unpackaged it and had put it in the cd player. currently spinning - overture to the hymn of the immortal warriors...pomp.

now a spoken word jobby...hmmm?

this came out last year but i feel i should review it for the benefit of you lot.

ok...now it's kicked in.

...holy shit...
    •  MazzMazz
    • Is it as Good as Grim Reaper?

See how they are EVIL

http://www.rockdetector.com/assets/resized/img/artists/3808-0-220-0-300.jpg
    • hmmm...much pomp and the first proper track was pretty pissed off sounding. quite a lot of spoken word about vikings to digest. i feel that they're holding back on me. the last track is called die for metal. i'm intrigued.

i'm going to go home and blast the shit out of the living room with this.
    • die for metal is good, old fashioned manowar...i fear they've gone a bit trendy on the rest of this album.:(
    •  MazzMazz
    • bad admiral says:

die for metal is good, old fashioned manowar...i fear they've gone a bit trendy on the rest of this album.:(

Sad news.
    • Mazz says:

bad admiral says:

die for metal is good, old fashioned manowar...i fear they've gone a bit trendy on the rest of this album.:(

Sad news.

sure is amigo. sure is. the endless spoken word bits, even though they are all about odin and valhalla and stuff are a bit hard going and the classical preludes and overtures feel like they're just there to flesh it out a bit. i mean...i don't mind a minute and a half of classical skit between metal worship, but 6 mins at a time? between every two tracks? fuck off manowar! sort it out.

on the plus side...die for metal is a cracking track and there's a couple of decent thrashings on there although it lacks conviction on the whole and i'm not sure i believe that they are true metal anymore.

i feel like peter denying christ.:(
    •  MazzMazz
    • bad admiral says:

Mazz says:

bad admiral says:

Sad news.

sure is amigo. sure is. the endless spoken word bits, even though they are all about odin and valhalla and stuff are a bit hard going and the classical preludes and overtures feel like they're just there to flesh it out a bit. i mean...i don't mind a minute and a half of classical skit between metal worship, but 6 mins at a time? between every two tracks? fuck off manowar! sort it out.

on the plus side...die for metal is a cracking track and there's a couple of decent thrashings on there although it lacks conviction on the whole and i'm not sure i believe that they are true metal anymore.

i feel like peter denying christ.:(

Don't worry as Battlewitch are two thirds of the way through writing "Dethroned Into Oblivion" (DIO)

I want to throw in a key change so that people can go "Yeah!".

I spoke to god last night and he said that we (ninehertz) were the best. I said "yeah!".
    • good work.

make it a really inappropriate key change. and go from higher to lower. no-one will expect that.

not even god.

or odin.
    •  MazzMazz
    • bad admiral says:

good work.

make it a really inappropriate key change. and go from higher to lower. no-one will expect that.

not even god.

or odin.

No way man. Give them what they want. If they don't want it then they should want it.
    • touche. that's going to sound incredible.

Forums - General Chat - manowar - gods of war