Menu

Forums - General Chat

Summer Watching Thread

•  CareyCarey
    • I have been enjoying Parks and Recreation on BBC4.

Also really like Arne Dahl, I'm a sucker for people solving crimes in a gang. And they're basically called the A team, except in Swedish.
    •  Amy BAmy B
    • Parks and Recreation is great, especially liked the one with the gay penguin wedding.
    •  mikemike
    • Might be the best thing on telly at the moment. Liked the mural/muriel episode recently. So good.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Not seen P&R yet but keep hearing good things so I'll give it a whirl on iPlayer.
      Unmissable TV for me at the moment is MotoGP- BBC have upped their coverage to parallel their F1 saturation and with the season already full of drama, it's going to be a classic.
    •  mikemike
    • I'd urge you to get watching P&R as soon as you can, they are showing them in double bills from season one all the way through at the moment. They are only 20 minutes long but are so good! Think there's been about 20 episodes on BBC4 so far!
    •  GarethGareth
    • Parks and Rec is on my 'to watch' list along with Community at some point.
    •  CareyCarey
    • Anyone seen Community? Been wondering if it is worth a watch.
    •  GarethGareth
    • No but the Onion AV Club keeps going on about it, possibly just because everyone on there is in love with Alison Brie.
    •  PetePete
    • Got up early with my daughter and have watched: In the Night Garden, Chuggington, Baby Jake, Waybuloos, Everything's Rosie, Postman Pat, Zingzillas, Mr Tumble and more from CBeebies/sky plus while i lay on the sofa.

I love the hippy bits on a lot of them, it sounds like the serene bits of mystical RPGs at times, like zelda or Fable without the violence.
    •  PetePete
    • Game of Thrones, latest episode, a day late.

Fucking hell, no wonder it was hard to avoid spoilers - I had to ignore facebook today - that was unexpected (I haven't read the books).
    •  BenBen
    • Yeah it was a bit mad, I watched it last night, managed to avoid spoilers too :)
    •  GarethGareth
    • I'm reading the book and will recreate some of the programmes more gory scenes with anyone who spoils it for me.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Also, series 4 of Breaking Bad.
    •  PetePete
    • I bought Breaking Bad series 5 which arrived on Tuesday, started watching it, didn't make any sense, checked imdb and realised I'd must have not watched the last disc of series 4. Which I had sold on ebay a week ago. So I've bought it again on ebay, will watch those three eps and then flog it again. I feel foolish.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Doh, you could have borrowed it off me, I'm only on disc 1.
    •  PetePete
    • The Hobbit. I enjoyed it.

Cricket final, England vs India. I did not enjoy it.
    •  CareyCarey
    • I started watching Spiral: State of Terror this weekend. Predictably awesome.
      Also been checking out Les Revenants (good so far, hopefully won't go all Lost) and Maison Close (dull and serious, needs a plot to happen very soon).

And yes, I've noticed they're all French.
    •  BenBen
    • Need to watch the rest of State of Terror, we watched a few episodes then fell behind.

Les Revenants is pretty good so far, getting pretty creepy now too. Think the Mogwai soundtrack is working really well too.

We've been watching mainly Portlandia and Arrested Development, the new series was different but still great.
    •  mambamamba
    • Been mostly watching The Killing. Got a bit slow mid way through the first series but a good end, and the second series has started alright too.
    •  PetePete
    • We got LoveFilm back for a trial this weekend and can watch stuff through the smart TV so have been through a bit since:

Sons of Anarchy series 4 - still daft and hammy but still entertaining.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - dire. It's a girl film, but still, it's like they thought up the premise and then didn't bother to write anything else.

Prometheus - first half I thought was excellent, but the second felt rushed and incoherent. Shame, but generally good and not as bad as some make out.

Paul - not half as bad as I feared. But then I thought it was going to be truly terrible, so it still wasn't great.

Forums - General Chat - Summer Watching Thread