Menu

Forums - General Chat

New look ninehertz

•  Amy BAmy B
    • Podge says:
      I don't like the new mobile forum main page
      Loads of scrolling to get through all the sub forums now that you've added a few most recent posts between each one

I quite like having a way to glance over what's new in all of the forums at once rather than having to click into each one.

What do other people think of the new main forum page?

There is a mark all read, but admittedly it's bit hidden - it's in your profile drop down that you get when you click on your name in the top right. Will have a think about somewhere more obvious to put it.

Garth - become vegan, then you won't need milk anymore.

Mike - I'm sure the wolves just want to be friends.
    •  alfiealfie
    • I like the look (lurker here). On the old, old version you could filter Live Dates by place, ie so I could look at all that was going on in Bristol. Any chance of that function coming back?
    •  Amy BAmy B
    • alfie says:
      I like the look (lurker here). On the old, old version you could filter Live Dates by place, ie so I could look at all that was going on in Bristol. Any chance of that function coming back?

Good idea, I'll add it to the list to look into.
    •  alfiealfie
    • Um, can't figure out how to log out now?
    •  Amy BAmy B
    • alfie says:
      Um, can't figure out how to log out now?

You're trapped....

or click on your name in the top right, should get a dropdown box with a log out button.
    •  alfiealfie
    • Don't get the dropdown, using an old version of internet explorer, so maybe that. Here for eternity now, like the Twilight Zone...
    •  Amy BAmy B
    • how old a version (please don't say 6...)
    •  alfiealfie
    • 8, apparently
    •  Amy BAmy B
    • Ok, hopefully it'll work now.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Gareth says:
      Amy B says:
      He's fixed it now. Let me know if there's anymore problems,

I've ran out of milk.

Always keep a spare pint of milk in the freezer.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Mazz says:
      Gareth says:
      Amy B says:

I've ran out of milk.

Presumably if you use it then you no longer have a spare pint of milk...so you have to go and get a spare...in which case you may as well have just gone and bought one anyway.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Ollie says:
      Mazz says:
      Gareth says:
      Amy B says:

I've ran out of milk.

Presumably if you use it then you no longer have a spare pint of milk...so you have to go and get a spare...in which case you may as well have just gone and bought one anyway.

Don't fuck with Mrs Mazz's Milk routine. It's all she has.
    •  mikemike
    • To be fair you'd need infinite milk forever in that case.

Be done with it and get a cow Gareth.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • staying logged in on multiple browsers still out of the question?
    •  GarethGareth
    • mike says:
      infinite milk forever

New song name = sorted
    •  Amy BAmy B
    • Hopkins says:
      staying logged in on multiple browsers still out of the question?

probably for now, but I'll add it to Ben's to do list in case he has a change of heart about it
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Hey guys,

First off, much respect for giving the old bucket of bolts a shakedown. It's looking awesome, easily accessible and up-to-date for the first time in yonks! Nice one!

A few bits of hopefully positive feedback:
      - The grey date boxes in the Live Dates section are massive, can these not be condensed so we can see more gigs per page? Another idea would be a calendar format rather than a list. Yeah, it's a bit Facebooky, but perhaps easier to plan overtime for us gig piranhas out here.
      - I like the big album cover pics for the review on the homepage, but is it really necessary for these to follow us across a half page on every other screen too? Doesn't feel like the best use of the space.
      - I like the black n' white approach but am really not convinced by the logo, or lack thereof. Feels like losing a bit of the ninehertz identity. Not sure if this is just a WIP though so will keep my trap shut if so.
      - Mobile version looks good, really like the profile dropdown. Gig list is shorter and to-the-point - would like to see this on the browser version too.

Hope that helps!
      Plonker Out
    •  mikemike
    • pull-my-plonker says:

- I like the black n' white approach but am really not convinced by the logo, or lack thereof. Feels like losing a bit of the ninehertz identity. Not sure if this is just a WIP though so will keep my trap shut if so.

Hope that helps!
      Plonker Out

Cheers Pete, I wanted to move away from the stoner rock identity we've had for a long time, it's still a huge part of the site and will continue to be but I think minimal is the idea we're going for here. I'm going to have a think about a new logo though, however the circular one you may be familiar with is on its way out.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • mike says:
      pull-my-plonker says:

Hope that helps!
      Plonker Out

Cheers Pete, I wanted to move away from the stoner rock identity we've had for a long time, it's still a huge part of the site and will continue to be but I think minimal is the idea we're going for here. I'm going to have a think about a new logo though, however the circular one you may be familiar with is on its way out.

Losing the current logo is absolutely fine. It looks like a Fu Manchu record from '94. No bad thing of course, but it needs a refresh I completely agree. Look forward to seeing a new logo, just not keen on 9hz looking like the frontpage of the Guardian either.

Forums - General Chat - New look ninehertz