Menu

Forums - General Chat

[Locked] Winter watching thread

•  PetePete
    • I'm currently watching Watchmen - one of the underrated comic book conversion films. Also going to watch The Secret of Crickley Hall later, which I taped last night. I'm not into the typical BBC or ITV series like that but thought I'd give them a go, seeing as I'm getting on in years...
    •  mikemike
    • Loads of Peep Show recorded off dave, awesome.
    •  GarethGareth
    • I didn't hate Watchmen but a few of the changes were pointless and a little annoying and the altered ending bugged me so I never enjoyed it as much as I could. I thought V for Vendetta was a pretty good Alan Moore adaption despite ironically stubbing my toe on the graphic novel walking to my computer just now.

The less said about From Hell the better.

Anyway, currently watching Breaking Bad series 3 and bits and bobs of The Shield on Lovefilm Instant.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Need to get some Breaking Bad. Watching The Good Wife on duvvvvvd at the mo - it's pretty good.
    •  GarethGareth
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      Need to get some Breaking Bad.

The coincidences at the end of the 2nd series got ridiculous but the 3rd is really good so far despite not very much actually happening. Apart from Walts epic pizza throw.
    •  mambamamba
    • Gareth says:
      pull-my-plonker says:
      Need to get some Breaking Bad.

The coincidences at the end of the 2nd series got ridiculous but the 3rd is really good so far despite not very much actually happening. Apart from Walts epic pizza throw.

It gets really good again in Series 4 & 5. The last few episodes of each are some of the best tv I've ever seen.
    •  OllieOllie
    • Pete says:
      I'm currently watching Watchmen - one of the underrated comic book conversion films. Also going to watch The Secret of Crickley Hall later, which I taped last night. I'm not into the typical BBC or ITV series like that but thought I'd give them a go, seeing as I'm getting on in years...

Watched the first episode of The Secret Of Crickley Hall...excellent stuff, genuinely spooky. I'm actually itching to see the next episode.
    •  bosskeloidbosskeloid
    • Caught up with the 3rd Series of 'Walking Dead' last night...

Most of it made me unable to breathe... some of the most genuinely fucked up TV i have EVER seen!!! more, more, more....
    •  GarethGareth
    • bosskeloid says:
      Caught up with the 3rd Series of 'Walking Dead' last night...

Most of it made me unable to breathe... some of the most genuinely fucked up TV i have EVER seen!!! more, more, more....

I've heard it dips about series 2 and then picks up again, becoming awesome. It's on my list of stuff to watch at some point having got into the episodic computer game recently.
    •  PetePete
    • Gareth says:
      I thought V for Vendetta was a pretty good Alan Moore adaption.

I absolutely love that film, after the first 20 mins or so which are a bit clunky.

Breaking Bad, Walking Dead - I'm out of the loop so much with series...what are these two about?
    •  PetePete
    • My top three comic book films...

1. X Men 2
      2. V for Vendetta
      3. Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Three worst...

1. Iron Man 2
      2. Daredevil
      3. X Men 3 (not terrible but such a drop from 2)

Not seen cap America, Thor or avengers.
    •  mikemike
    • Best ones for me

Batman Begins
      Scott Pilgrim
      Watchmen

Worst have to be all of the X-men films, they were meant to be freaks, not sexy people in leather just pouting. The cartoon of that was amazing, Vinny Jones as Juggernaut FFS.
    •  GarethGareth
    • You should watch Avengers Pete, great fun and a very good film.

The Hellboy films were passable comic book adaptions although nothing too special.
    •  BenBen
    • Pete says:
      Breaking Bad, Walking Dead - I'm out of the loop so much with series...what are these two about?

Breaking Bad is about a chemistry teacher with terminal lung cancer who decides to support his family by making meth. It's excellent.

Not seen Walking Dead but it's about zombies.
    •  mikemike
    • I just watched a documentary about one-man black metal bands, featuring Xasthur, Leviathan and Striborg, all three are incredibly lonely, misanthropic guys with issues. Seeing Striborg walking around a cave and screaming was a bit ridiculous but Xasthur lives like a hobo in a house with bare floorboards and walls, very sad.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Metal Evolution at last...

Entertaining and frustrating in roughly equal measures.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • basstard says:
      Metal Evolution at last...

Entertaining and frustrating in roughly equal measures.

Worth buying? Or is it just a load of facts and bands that I'll probably already know?
    •  PetePete
    • I got up early the last three mornings (4-5am) and watched the cricket. England were magnificent, seeing Pietersen bat like that was a pleasure - a truly amazing innings - he made the game look 50 times easier than it was for anyone else - and then bowling them out with spin second innings was thrilling.

There is nothing better to watch than good Test cricket, and this (out bowling and batting in spin friendly conditions) was outstanding.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Michael Portillo looking for eggs.
    •  PetePete
    • Baby Jake + In the Night Garden

Forums - General Chat - [Locked] Winter watching thread