Menu

Forums - General Chat

Now watching...

•  mambamamba
    • I kind of did in my head.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i've just started watching broadwalk empire.
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • I like what I've read in here: Game of Thrones, Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire are all winners.

Watched the season finale of The Walking Dead last night. Consumate display of TV tension. The incessant arguing is getting a bit much, and despite the terrible circumstances they're in, I wish at some point someone would crack a joke or something.

Also been watching Pete vs Life. Fucking brilliant.
    •  CareyCarey
    • ChrisC says:
      Anyone seen the Metal evolution series on sky arts

www.skyarts.co.uk/music/article/metal-evolution/

actually really enjoyed this so far

Absolutely loved this, wish it had been 20 parts!

Been enjoying reading Game of Thrones and thinking of buying the DVD of season 1.

Anyone watching Spartacus? Think it's one of the most under-rated shows on at the moment.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Old BBC interviews on the red button.
    • Just picked up Leon and Arrested Development season 1 for next to nowt. Good watchings ahead.

Metal Evolution was brilliant. Apart from the one on hair/glam metal, which wasn't.
    •  BenBen
    • I love Arrested Development, it's so good!
    •  GarethGareth
    • I'm pretty sure it's about time for my 6 monthly watching of all of Arrested Development.
    •  CareyCarey
    • Tino Insana says:
      Metal Evolution was brilliant. Apart from the one on hair/glam metal, which wasn't.

What was wrong with that one?
    •  MazzMazz
    • Carey says:
      Tino Insana says:

YEAH! ;)
    •  mikemike
    • Only a year or so out of date, but me and Linda watched Kickass tonight, amazing.
    • Carey says:
      Tino Insana says:

He came away with the same 'I didn't realise what an influence...' ending as he did for genres like blues and jazz and prog and all sorts, but all he really concluded was that it was a scene devoid of any lasting character, totally excessive and vain, and that what would be become grunge scenesters rallied against. It was about as useful as doing an episode on disco. Plus, did you hear the music?

All just my opinion of course, and the rest of the series was excellent, very well handled and composed, and long overdue on television.
    •  PetePete
    • After recommendations from on here, I bought Arrested Development Series 1 off ebay for 99p. I've never seen it before, should arrive today or tomorrow. My better half also got Boardwalk Empire off ebay, should be here soon too.
    •  OllieOllie
    • I don't watch nearly enough television as I don't think I've seen any of these programmes you're all on about.

I did watch the Apprentice a couple of days ago and 4 Rooms last night.

I seem to watch The Big bang Theory a lot and various stuff on History and National Geographic channels.
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • WTF. Francis Pryor has just said that in the next episode he's going to examine if the Norman Invasion ever actually happened. My whole fucking mind is being turned upside down man.
    •  MazzMazz
    • FDFC says:
      WTF. Francis Pryor has just said that in the next episode he's going to examine if the Norman Invasion ever actually happened. My whole fucking mind is being turned upside down man.

Are you sure he did not say the anglo-saxon invasion? He only DEALS with the DARK AGES in that series.
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Mazz says:
      FDFC says:
      WTF. Francis Pryor has just said that in the next episode he's going to examine if the Norman Invasion ever actually happened. My whole fucking mind is being turned upside down man.

Are you sure he did not say the anglo-saxon invasion? He only DEALS with the DARK AGES in that series.

Yes.

You are right.

Carry on.

EITHER WAY. POW.
    •  MazzMazz
    • FDFC says:
      Mazz says:
      FDFC says:

Yes.

You are right.

Carry on.

EITHER WAY. POW.

CULT OF MAZZ
    •  MazzMazz
    • There is no archaeological evidence of it happening..just the word of Bede who wrote about it 200 years later..and he never left Jarrow.

Forums - General Chat - Now watching...