Menu

Forums - General Chat

Rugby World Cup

•  HopkinsHopkins
    • every day when i wake up, i thank the lord i'm welsh
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • I love Rich's rants - so stupidly true.

Dylan Hartley is basically a toddler traped in a butcher's body. If we get beat by the French we should sack them all. Sack them all to DOOM.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • another thing which is really starting to grind is the booing and hissing during kicks which is going unmentioned by the commentators.

i don't know if the kind of rugby i play belongs in the 70s but that kind of conduct was completely unacceptable for many years and appears to be creeping into the game.

*old fart alert*

we'll be home before the final. i would LOVE to see wales or ireland get to the final. both teams have proved that they have the jacobs to play at that level. just a shame they have to play each other so one has to go home.

wales will be TERRIFYING next world cup. Ireland will be crap.
    •  MazzMazz
    • It's only a game.

TAXI!
    • Mazz says:
      It's only a game.

TAXI!

exactly - play to win

not play to win at any cost.

looking forwards to saturday as juggers is a frenchie and her family is over, so hopefully i get to taunt them when france implode by being totally mad and unpredictable.

hopefully the other scenario of france tonking us by being totally mad and unpredictable won't happen.
    • bad admiral says:
      another thing which is really starting to grind is the booing and hissing during kicks which is going unmentioned by the commentators.

i don't know if the kind of rugby i play belongs in the 70s but that kind of conduct was completely unacceptable for many years and appears to be creeping into the game.

*old fart alert*

we'll be home before the final. i would LOVE to see wales or ireland get to the final. both teams have proved that they have the jacobs to play at that level. just a shame they have to play each other so one has to go home.

wales will be TERRIFYING next world cup. Ireland will be crap.

I'm pissed off by the booing to - totally not on, making the sport look like this new soccer trend that seems to be sweeping the nation.
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Totally agree with the booing. Proper got my knickers in a twist when Samoan fans were booing Nambia's kicker despite the fact that they were winning by 40-odd points.

Not on. Apparently it's as much a part of NZ rugby as vuvuzelas are of SA football.

I'm so nervous about Saturday. I hope they have helplines for rugby fans like they did for Take That fans.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • FDFC says:
      I'm so nervous about Saturday. I hope they have helplines for rugby fans like they did for Take That fans.

hah hah, you get used to disappointment, with the odd victory over the english, when you're my age
    • saturday will be game of the tournament hands down.

i have done a detailed analysis of what WILL happen from hereonin. these are my predictions (winners in CAPS)

1/4 finals

WALES v ireland

france v ENGLAND

AUSTRALIA v south africa

NEW ZEALAND v argentina

1/2 finals

wales v ENGLAND

NEW ZEALAND v australia

3rd place

WALES v australia

final

NEW ZEALAND v england

thoughts???
    • bad admiral says:
      saturday will be game of the tournament hands down.

i have done a detailed analysis of what WILL happen from hereonin. these are my predictions (winners in CAPS)

1/4 finals

WALES v ireland

france v ENGLAND

AUSTRALIA v south africa

NEW ZEALAND v argentina

1/2 finals

wales v ENGLAND

NEW ZEALAND v australia

3rd place

WALES v australia

final

NEW ZEALAND v england

thoughts???

Mostly agree. I reckon the Saffas over the Aussies though (then getting beat by NZ). Not sure about Wales v England. Both Wales and Ireland already deserve it a lot more than England, but we are jammy and know how to scrap and keep a game tight. If we do get to the final I will be over the moon, but our squad is full of spoilt dicks who don't deserve to win a pub quiz, let alone the Webb Ellis Trophy.
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      bad admiral says:
      saturday will be game of the tournament hands down.

1/4 finals

WALES v ireland

france v ENGLAND

AUSTRALIA v south africa

NEW ZEALAND v argentina

1/2 finals

wales v ENGLAND

NEW ZEALAND v australia

3rd place

WALES v australia

final

NEW ZEALAND v england

thoughts???

Mostly agree. I reckon the Saffas over the Aussies though (then getting beat by NZ). Not sure about Wales v England. Both Wales and Ireland already deserve it a lot more than England, but we are jammy and know how to scrap and keep a game tight. If we do get to the final I will be over the moon, but our squad is full of spoilt dicks who don't deserve to win a pub quiz, let alone the Webb Ellis Trophy.

i went on pre-tournament form in my predictions and believe that we know how to beat wales. I think the wals have a point to prove so will give rsa a close match. ireland are on the turn and pumas are gonna get raped.

england nz final would be incredible. not sure whats going down in the squad at the moment - got some wicked players doing dopey stuff - but most of them are behaving fine.
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Rich, have you been sniffing glue?

Based on pre-tournament form, England would lose to Wales! They were lucky to win the first test. Wales were dicking upon them from all sorts of heights.

What with the "Lads on tour" mentality that England seem to have, along with their form so far (I'm still trying to purge from my mind memories of that AWFUL game in which England laboured to a victory over the ever-shite SCOTLAND), they really will be taken to town if they meet Wales in the semis.
    • FDFC says:
      Rich, have you been sniffing glue?

Based on pre-tournament form, England would lose to Wales! They were lucky to win the first test. Wales were dicking upon them from all sorts of heights.

What with the "Lads on tour" mentality that England seem to have, along with their form so far (I'm still trying to purge from my mind memories of that AWFUL game in which England laboured to a victory over the ever-shite SCOTLAND), they really will be taken to town if they meet Wales in the semis.

errr yeah i have so fucking what. don't judge me.

i was wondering why there's no eng v sco match report on mrts...

you know the score mate. wales will play better for the whole game and england will do just enough to scrape a win. undeservedly. sending you home. undeservedly.

tindall's out because his leg is a bit hurty and he's an embarrassment to the establishment. mark my words - he'd better watch himself driving through tunnels in paris...
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Lack of internet for a week meant no reports on matches. LO SIENTO!
    • FDFC says:
      Lack of internet for a week meant no reports on matches. LO SIENTO!

DE NADA...although i am looking forwards to the *unbiased* scathing attack on the game that almost sent me to the cardiology unit.

richie's thought of the day:

i think this world cup represents a watershed in international rugby. the off pitch politics for some teams seem pretty heavy for the first time. i don't think it's an accident that the year that the all blacks host the world cup, england choose an all black change kit. my man in nz has returned with many stories about what the kiwi fans make of that little poke...

over the years there have been far too many rule changes and the game seems to have become more physically exclusive as teams seem to be gearing themselve to a more southern hemisphere game . at a guess, 85% of the players are over 6ft and 14 stone meaning that future rafa ibanezes and neil backs may be put off playing which is a shame as in my experience a good little one always beats a good big one. viz. a short arse with a chip on his shoulder is gonna do a number on a lofty pest.

maybe i'm just old school, but it seems that the trends in international rugby that have emerged over the last few years have become de facto givens. the press in this country and abroad are still absolutely caning johnno. now, i'm not his biggest fan. in my opinion a great player and captain does not have the right kind of ambition to manage a team. clive woodward was a businessman - schooled in motivation and being able to make tough decisions without sentimentality. however, the fact remains that despite the ugly rugby and england at times looking awkward and stretched that the pool has been won and that he has led a team this far in the tournament without losing a game. perhaps we should cut him a break.

perhaps he should quit whilst he's ahead and forge a career in coaching. he appears to be about as media savvy as gordon brown so maybe a less visible role would benefit...
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • wooooh! yeah!!!!
      we defended well and closed a game out when it mattered!
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • INSANE.
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Tuilagi arrested and fined £3000 for jumping off a ferry.

RFU have refused to comment on whether or not alcohol was involved.

I wonder what else they can do before they leave NZ in 12 hours.
    • been spending most of the morning trawling articles about why johnno shold be canned. depressing...

Forums - General Chat - Rugby World Cup