Menu

Forums - General Chat

Stonerrock.com is dead :(

•  JackJack
    • On November 29th, 2010 the StonerRock.com website was suddenly sucked into the void. We did everything we could do, but it was not possible to save it.

We would like to extend our heartfelt appreciation to the community supporters, forums administrators and content contributors. You can give yourselves a high five for keeping StonerRock.com online for an extra year. Thank you!

We are not revealing any details about what happened because we don’t want to give the perpetrators any satisfaction or notoriety.

From now on we will be 100% devoted to our other websites, All That is Heavy and MeteorCity. We hope that you will continue to support us in our continued efforts to bring the rock to the people.

This is our final statement with regards to StonerRock.com and this very difficult situation. Our heads are spinning. We are devastated.

Sincerely and regretfully,
      Dan & Melanie

I personally would like to thank Dan and Melanie to oppertunity to be a part of the site the last 9 months. I enjoyed bring to the news to the site as well as the features we ran. The community was hit with a big blow today. As all things rise and fall, another will rise in its ashes. Rest assured that sites such as The Soda Shop, The Obelisk and Heavy Planet among many others will continue to bring you the latest updates as we always have.
    •  mambamamba
    • It's been gone 5 days and I hadn't noticed. Shows how often I looked on there these days. Was some good folk on there - but some dickheads too.
    •  JackJack
    • oh yeah some serious dicks but there was the album reviews, the classic albums forum etc Roadburn discussions, where will they all go
    •  MazzMazz
    • balls..I used to like the retarded threads.
    •  ms tinnitusms tinnitus
    • I was a very infrequent visitor, but have to say I met some pretty good people through SR.com (pretty much anyone I met in person was ace)

with regards to Roadburn, the doomedforever forever doomed site is good.
    •  BacchanalBacchanal
    • Where will they all go?

Well some of them may seek asylum here...

Let the retardation commence!

"Coming over here, stupding up our threads... muttermutter"
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • So what actually happened to the site? Did they just run out of funding or what?

Yeah what Jack said really. I've been following SR.com for a few years now, and Dan and Melanie are real defenders of the fuzz, and teir efforts have been enormous. It is a big blow to the community, but the scene is really up and thriving now, with lots of new developments (e.g. Desertscene) really getting the gigs a-flowing. Hopefully ninehertz, Obelisk et al will be more than enough to keep heads exploding.
    •  JackJack
    • If desertscene got the website up now the timing would be perfect
    •  BacchanalBacchanal
    • I reckon the US Gov paid hackers mistook it as an outpost of Wikileaks and corrupted the code. That was why they were always so paranoid about terms like 's c r i p t' heheheh
    •  JackJack
    • Haha. I wouldn't be suprised if someone found the very open policy on the forum an issue. Some shady threads now and again
    •  JackJack
    • Theres a new forum here on The Obelisk that a lot of people are signing up to:

The Obelisk
    •  seansean
    • i shall get in there, i miss stonerrock.com
    •  EggyEggy
    • That forum currently has 666 topics. :cool:

Forums - General Chat - Stonerrock.com is dead :(