Menu

Forums - General Chat

What you into at the moment?

•  alanalan
    • At least you'll get redundancy. My contract's up at the end of March and nothing's confirmed either way at the moment.
    •  mikemike
    • UK job market is fuuuuuuucked.
    •  alanalan
    • Yup. I've been applying for stuff since September, managed to get one interview so far. If I do lose my job I think I'll start being a lot less fussy though!
    •  mikemike
    • I've had an interview and 2 offers of interviews I've had to turn down, chasing a job around here and got another interview coming up but its still slim pickins.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Playing double bass.
    •  EggyEggy
    • mike says:
      UK job market is fuuuuuuucked.

I actually feel quite glad of where I am, although it's a job for people with no qualifications, (although I went to 6th form and failed to complete my course) I do have a secure job and seeing that I'm so good at it I can't see them wanting to offload me elsewhere. They do keep saying we have too many staff on nights and people need to be moved to other stores but there are much worse workers than myself. The downside, I've been there 15 and half years and about 9 of those half been on nights, providing people keep off my back/leave me to it and I can get time off when I want I'm relatively happy though. It'll do until i get that elusive lottery win, haha!
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Just heard that my opposite number Rob was sent home today as part of the redundancy notice process which effectively means he's lost his job (pending any appeals etc.).
      That means I should be safe but will have to do his job as well as my own. The guy was one week away from having 25 years service at the company and wasn't even allowed to say goodbye to his friends and colleagues; what a shitty way to treat someone.
      I'm relieved not to be redundant but feel pretty sick about the whole episode. Bastards.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • basstard says:
      Just heard that my opposite number Rob was sent home today as part of the redundancy notice process which effectively means he's lost his job (pending any appeals etc.).
      That means I should be safe but will have to do his job as well as my own. The guy was one week away from having 25 years service at the company and wasn't even allowed to say goodbye to his friends and colleagues; what a shitty way to treat someone.
      I'm relieved not to be redundant but feel pretty sick about the whole episode. Bastards.

dude...that is fucked.
    •  JackJack
    • bad admiral says:
      basstard says:
      Just heard that my opposite number Rob was sent home today as part of the redundancy notice process which effectively means he's lost his job (pending any appeals etc.).

dude...that is fucked.

Agreed
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Jack says:
      bad admiral says:
      basstard says:

dude...that is fucked.

Agreed

Yeah, thirded, that's truly appalling.
    •  MazzMazz
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      Jack says:
      bad admiral says:
      basstard says:

dude...that is fucked.

Agreed

Yeah, thirded, that's truly appalling.

I got details of the Voluntary Early Release scheme today...so begin thee doom.
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • Mazz says:
      I got details of the Voluntary Early Release scheme today...so begin thee doom.

Let's break America.
    •  MazzMazz
    • That is number one on my list..

1. Break America
      2. Get another office job

.see
    •  JackJack
    • I'm into having a beer and chilling after having an ok day at work turn sour due to a former colleagues accusations against the company for his tribunal. Brought myself and a couple of others that I work with up as being bullies, the stories he brought up where this apparently happened are total shit, never actually happened, He's like our really shit version of Charlie Sheen
    • Jack says:
      I'm into having a beer and chilling after having an ok day at work turn sour due to a former colleagues accusations against the company for his tribunal. Brought myself and a couple of others that I work with up as being bullies, the stories he brought up where this apparently happened are total shit, never actually happened, He's like our really shit version of Charlie Sheen

i've said it before and i'll say it again: you are a bit of a cunt, jack. ;)

what a prick. ego and vanity are some of the biggest problems in people i think.

chin up. if anyone's met you once they'll know that yr not a bully and i'm sure yr bosses will shrug it off.
    •  MazzMazz
    • bad admiral says:
      Jack says:
      I'm into having a beer and chilling after having an ok day at work turn sour due to a former colleagues accusations against the company for his tribunal. Brought myself and a couple of others that I work with up as being bullies, the stories he brought up where this apparently happened are total shit, never actually happened, He's like our really shit version of Charlie Sheen

ego and vanity are some of the biggest problems in people i think.

What? I thought that was OUR credo?
    • Mazz says:
      bad admiral says:
      Jack says:

no WAY! our credo is PUSSY and BLOW.
    •  MazzMazz
    • bad admiral says:
      Mazz says:
      bad admiral says:
      Jack says:

Fuck you..mine are ego and vanity.
    • Mazz says:
      bad admiral says:
      Mazz says:
      bad admiral says:
      Jack says:

Fuck you..mine are ego and vanity.

whatevs man. you're dead to me. let's talk when you grow up and get back into pussy and shit, yeah?
    •  FDFCFDFC
    • bad admiral says:
      PUSSY and BLOW.

In a uni seminar yesterday I was asked something by my tutor and it took every fibre of my being to not say those exact words as my answer.

Forums - General Chat - What you into at the moment?