Menu
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • so i've been doing this over 6 months now, cycling to work on road/pavements, with 26" 2.2 tractor tyres

would it make a difference putting smaller tyres on like 1.5 slicks, seen as i don't offroad and just use it to commute?
    •  JackJack
    • yup, more to do with the tread i'd say, stick some semi slicks on. No point running knobblies if your only going on the road
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • a woman on a bike fell into my car this morning during the world's longest traffic jam.
    •  PodgePodge
    • Hopkins says:
      so i've been doing this over 6 months now, cycling to work on road/pavements, with 26" 2.2 tractor tyres

would it make a difference putting smaller tyres on like 1.5 slicks, seen as i don't offroad and just use it to commute?

It'll make a huge difference, you'll fly along on some high pressure slicks, I'd say go for the slickest and the skinniest you can find

check out www.nextdaytyres.com/ they seem to be really good on price and stock. If you're sticking with Halfords then these seem pretty good too. Just keep an eye out for tram tracks. frightened the crap out of me when I started riding 700c (road bike wheels) and the rear got stuck in the tracks as the 26" wheels are too fat so it'd never happened before
      [Edited by Podge at 15:48 on 07/09/10]
    •  PodgePodge
    • Oh i just bought a Muvi camera too. got it mainly for the holls but i'll be using it on most roads when i commute as well. its dead handy to have a camera running in case you do get hit my some one
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • went for 1.5s
      now i can do my 4.2 mile journey in 19 mins, my previous best was 23
    •  PodgePodge
    • I said it would make a big difference, you'll be going single speed next...
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • handling is a bit scary at times, espescially in the rain, but it wakes you up
    •  PodgePodge
    • It feels wrong but putting more weight on the front as you corner will help you stick to the road

Forums - General Chat - bikes