Menu
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • How can they be so brilliant on Remission and then so nowhere near as good on everything after that?
    •  Jim GoadJim Goad
    • I actually prefer Leviathan to Remission. The 1st half of Remission grafted on to the 2nd half of Leviathan would be the perfect Mastodon album.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • I reckon Leviathan is the better album as well. I never make it all the way through Remission, as brilliant as the first few songs are.
      Blood Mountain is awful, not really heard the new one enough to decide if it's shit or just mediocre.
    •  mikemike
    • Shit band, no fans, shit band no fans!
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • We should picket their next Sheffield gig and chant that.
    •  EggyEggy
    • I'm unsure which of the earlier albums i like best, i'm also partial to a bit of Lifesblood too. Leviathan was the album that got me into them, but there's some wicked tracks on both.

My workmate bought the new album yesterday so that led to talk last night that their first too albums were miles better than Blood Mountain, i quite like some tracks on BM, but it's a bit too experimental in places. I reckon they want to make some big bucks but don't want repeat early efforts or get too trendy but the way they are evolving isn't what many old fans want to hear. Not listened to the new one yet myself, i'm not in any hurry.
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • I never understood how people managed to cream themselves over Remission yet didn't seem to bother with Leviathan, just seemed strange
    •  EggyEggy
    • my mate's sent me a message to say he's listening to new album, he says "Listening to new album it's weird their singing with clean vocals, it sounds like mastodon musicaly but vocals sound weird n a bit weak will take a few listens I think to get used to it"

•  EggyEggy
    • he also says one of them is signing like Ozzy on one track.

Is this making sense to you's that's heard it?
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • None of their albums are a rapid departure from the last really. They've just got progressively more tuneful over the years, like most bands tend to do.
    •  ChrisCChrisC
    • I really really really like the new one. Not sure why everyone is so down on it!

Remission is great, leviathan is geat, blood mountain is a little poo.

whats the matter with you all?

•  MarekMarek
    • I can't listen to the new one, sounds like bad Euro metal that's trying to sound modern or something.

Personally I think their vocals suck unless that fat one is growl-shouting (like on Workhorse), that's party why the rest don't work for me so well.

A lot of people love Blood Mountain though.

Metal Hammer calling new one Album of the Decade. They are fucking mental.
      [Edited by Marek at 15:32 on 15/04/09]
    •  JackJack
    • radio 1 played it during the day too, its a sure fire route to it all going wrong
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • It's good, but no Remission/Leviathan, less sing though, please

It's not a QOTSA type departure, so keep the faith
    •  EggyEggy
    • Marek says:

Metal Hammer calling new one Album of the Decade. They are fucking mental.

I'm sure that's used by mags every time a big band releases a new album
    •  mikemike
    • sabbathfan says:
      I never understood how people managed to cream themselves over Remission yet didn't seem to bother with Leviathan, just seemed strange

Because they didn't sound like the same band?

They might as well have a metronome for all the drumming that guy does these days.
    •  JemDooMJemDooM
    • When people say they prefer another album to Remission......it makes me SCREAM inside...... ~.~

thank you Parker.....:x
      [Edited by JemDooM at 10:23 on 17/04/09]
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • I only like the first ep I'm so kvlt... oh and the cover of emerlad.
    •  seansean
    • [no post]

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Mastodon't