Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

[Locked] 9Hz Summer Alldayer & Meetup Sat 8th August

•  PodgePodge
    • OK, as you all know its been quiet at 9Hz towers for a while so we figured it wouldn't hurt doing a Sheffield alldayer like we did 2 years ago. there may be a BIG one like last year's London show but for now, lets stick to the small stuff.

basically we want this to be more of a members and friends get together with bands playing than a traditional alldayer. that way we don't have to stick to the "local bands first and last" style promoting just to bring people in & cover costs.

here is the lowdown...

- it'll be in summer, please suggest dates cos we don't have owt booked yet.
      - its open to any band who has a member who posts on or contributes to 9Hz
      - we'll be charging on the door but we cant guarantee to pay anyone, we will do our best to cover petrol costs & provide crash space though.
      - we expect that we'll be over subscribed for a sensible length alldayer so if you'd like to play let us know, but we'll have to announce a full line up as and when, its NOT first come first served.
      - there could well be a BBQ
      - there will be cake
      - it will be fun

as ever, questions & suggestions are welcome.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • This will be ace, it was so much fun last time, as was London last year

Bad Date would happily play for nowt too, as we owe Sheffield for our current gigging prowess
    •  PodgePodge
    • cool, ya on the list. well I say that but I've not made one yet.

also get your BBQ hat on, we need something more than sausage / burgers in a bun and as are resident cook you are best to suggest stuff
    •  mambamamba
    • July and most of August are looking fairly quiet for me. Thanks.
    •  slomoslomo
    • 6FS!
    •  PodgePodge
    • listed
    •  JackJack
    • I should think Stone Turner would be a ok with this, have to check with bad admiral. If K resh are playing too though I could come up with my new band Cujo
    •  PodgePodge
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      I should think Stone Turner would be a ok with this, have to check with bad admiral. If K resh are playing too though I could come up with my new band Cujo

i'm sure some / any / all of your bands can play
    •  JackJack
    • last sheffield one was a great day, look forward to a trip up north again
    •  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Berserkowitz'll be down if you'll have us.
    •  seansean
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      last sheffield one was a great day, look forward to a trip up north again

i agree ,
    •  OllieOllie
    • Consider Grifter officially interested, been too long since our last Sheffield jaunt and the lads have been asking me about another one.
    •  seansean
    • it was a great day ,meeting everyone making some news friends..always gratefull to jen for looking after me and a couple of the bunch..
    •  GrymGrym
    • Outburst are up for it (date pending obv.)

We're at the end of the most painful, creativly constipated, year long, writing session ever and should have something new recorded and be ready to be let out in the community again by the summer.
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • I'll happily wear the chef's hat
    •  DuncDunc
    • Electric Mud Generator would be up for this if it's a date we can do!
    •  JakeJake
    • ALUNAH would be well up for it..dates pending of course
    •  piglosaurpiglosaur
    • please can i suggest chickenhawk
    •  mikemike
    • Flatlands are up for this obviously.
    •  PodgePodge
    • ok ok i know you are all interested...

lets start throwing some dates about. or at least what month suits most of us. I'm with Alex, July or August is probably best. narrow it down for me people.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - [Locked] 9Hz Summer Alldayer & Meetup Sat 8th August