Menu

Forums - General Chat

Recently Watched

•  Tino InsanaTino Insana
    • Can't see much sign of the last one...

Just watched Sin City again. Absolute bad ass film. I'm going to have a look around for some details of a new one, heard about it ages ago and not much else.

Went to UGC with Fletch and Tom to watch [rec] last night. Crazy Spanish zombie movie. It was brilliantly done and totally gripping. Honestly one of the scariest horrors I've seen. It was done in a handheld camera kind of way, like Blair Witch or Cloverfield, but it was done in a way that the camera played and integral part towards the end of the film. Plenty of jump and shit-your-pants moments in it. Highly recommended.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • Watched Juno the other night. It's really funny. I liked it a lot.
      Saw Starter for 10 the other day. It was pretty cool.
      Fell asleep during Slacker again. Saw it years ago and it put me to sleep then. Thought i'd check it out again and give it a second go. Best sleeping pill EVER. :O
    •  CareyCarey
    • Tino Insana says:

Just watched Sin City again. Absolute bad ass film. I'm going to have a look around for some details of a new one, heard about it ages ago and not much else.

what, doing the other stories from the series? that'd be sweet, frank miller's amazing.

i liked juno, as i think i've already said. not watched much else this week. i do want to see the orphanage - is it any good, does anyone know?

•  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • School of Rock and Britain's Got Talent
    •  GarethGareth
    • Firefly. Again.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • 90dayman says:

Watched Juno the other night. It's really funny. I liked it a lot.
      Fell asleep during Slacker again. Saw it years ago and it put me to sleep then. Thought i'd check it out again and give it a second go. Best sleeping pill EVER. :O

Juno is good.

I watched Starter for 10 the other night as well. I really liked it in a basic, charming British film kind of a way.

James Mcavoy is a good actor; his Essex accent was utterly flawless and also he's really quite pleasant to look at.
    •  CareyCarey
    • JenTheHen says:

he's really quite pleasant to look at.

only when moving though, he takes a terrible photograph.

his accent in shameless was pretty good as well.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • JenTheHen says:

90dayman says:

Juno is good.

I watched Starter for 10 the other night as well. I really liked it in a basic, charming British film kind of a way.

James Mcavoy is a good actor; his Essex accent was utterly flawless and also he's really quite pleasant to look at.

I'm going to hunt down Starter For 10 through the library tomorrow, I loved the book.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Rob Himself says:

JenTheHen says:

90dayman says:

Juno is good.

I'm going to hunt down Starter For 10 through the library tomorrow, I loved the book.

I got the DVD out of my local library. I often do this. £1 for a week loan is awesome. God bless the libraries!!!
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • I just watched dodgeball for the first time.
      I think it was funnier than it actually is cos I've had a few beers but then again Rip Torn is in it and he's awesome.
    •  PetePete
    • Pushing Daisies on ITV. Anyone else see this? I loved it, gonna have to get someone to tape it for me next weekend while at Roadburn.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • JenTheHen says:

Rob Himself says:

JenTheHen says:

90dayman says:

Juno is good.

I got the DVD out of my local library. I often do this. £1 for a week loan is awesome. God bless the libraries!!!

God, even DVD library loans are more expensive down here! Ours are £2 unless they're really old, and £3.50 if they're brand new.

I watched Magicians last night, much better than expected. Jess Stevenson/Hines is awful though. I'm beginning to think Spaced series 1 is the best thing she'll ever do.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Rob Himself says:

I watched Magicians last night, much better than expected. Jess Stevenson/Hines is awful though. I'm beginning to think Spaced series 1 is the best thing she'll ever do.

Seconded. Did you see that comedy/drama thing where she was teaching prisoners how to sing or some shit. Terrible.
      I'd still do her in the mouth though.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Pete says:

Pushing Daisies on ITV. Anyone else see this? I loved it, gonna have to get someone to tape it for me next weekend while at Roadburn.

I saw half of it but I was so shattered that I fell asleep. I don't think I liked it, it was too stupid! I'm all for suspending my disbelief but meh.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • RobHimself says:

God, even DVD library loans are more expensive down here! Ours are £2 unless they're really old, and £3.50 if they're brand new.

They're £1 for most and £2 for brand new! You've got to love that!
    •  James DJames D
    • I saw Horton Hears A Who at the cinema on Saturday afternoon and it was really funny.
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Yeah, [REC.] was awesome. Most intense movie since The Thing.

Also revisited Twin Peaks, A Scanner Darkly, and Trailer Park Boys.

Also watching the new seasons of South Park and Assy McGee. these are brilliant, South Park just gets better and better, it's like the show that's known you all your life. The Heavy Metal episode was probably the best episode of anything, ever. Perhaps even the best thing ever.

Still want to see There Will be Blood, if only so I can get the context when I hear Fletch yelling "DRAINAGE!!!"
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • Tom P says:

Still want to see There Will be Blood, if only so I can get the context when I hear Fletch yelling "DRAINAGE!!!"

Saw that the other week. It's rather good. Pretty slow paced and odd in parts but, entertaining all the way through.
    •  mikemike
    • I just watched Nil By Mouth, fuck me, little harsh.

The bit where Ray Winstone is shouting at his reflection in the mirror I reckon is repeated by Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast, which also stars.... Ray Winstone, ooh, get me.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Yeah, I see where you're coming from Mike... although I think Ben Kingsley manages to inject some humour with the menace, whereas Ray Winstone is flat out alarming in Nil By Mouth. Amazing film, that. I had no intention of watching it but got completely drawn in.

Forums - General Chat - Recently Watched