Menu

Forums - General Chat

Boris fucking Johnson?

•  Big SiBig Si
    • This is brilliant, democracy in action.

Every numbfuck hiccup of popular choice like this brings my glorious tyranny one step closer to being.

Maybe I should keep these thoughts to myself.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • I'll tell you something for nowt - I'd vote for Si.

Vote for Si.

The campaign trail begins here.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • I don't want votes. That would make people think they had some sort of say in my reign of terror. But thanks all the same, the sentiment is appreciated. I'll have your slavish obedience if you'd care to offer that instead.

Seriously, though, if you want democracy, don't complain when the idiot majority gets its way. That's the price you have to be willing to pay.
    • Imagine how bad it'd be if everyone bothered to vote.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • Exactly. If the intelligence of any group can be determined by dividing the IQ of its least intelligent member by the number of the people in the group, then low voter turn out can only be a good thing.
      It therefore follows that the best decisions are ones taken by the smallest groups, or even better, an individual.
      So put me in charge.
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • For democracy to be true democracy absolutley everything would have to go to a vote which is just unworkable in this day in age.
      My policy is, do what I want, when I want and I'll do my best not to fuck up everyone elses plans.
      If your mental however, this does not apply.
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • I don't care.

I didn't make it to the polling station in time to vote, as my train home was fucked up by lightning hitting a signal box (which they should have told us at the time, so we'd think it was an awesome delay). My man won anyway, so I'm good.
    • Remember the Johnson.
    •  slack mammothslack mammoth
    • And just in case there's any confusion. I don't live in London.
    •  MazzMazz
    • I wanted th gay to win. For the reason that he is gay. Pink London.
    •  JackJack
    • he's banning alcohol on the tube the bastard
    •  DonnyDonny
    • And on the bus!

How about banning loud music on mobile phones boris? Or just Children in general? That would be a good compromise.
    •  JackJack
    • Donny says:

And on the bus!

How about banning loud music on mobile phones boris? Or just Children in general? That would be a good compromise.

Agreed. I saw a funny thing in Hemel the other day, a fat chav kid holding his mobile with 2 mini speakers attached to his waist playijng shitty r and b, what has the world come to
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Yeah, but look at him and his silly blond hair. LOL! WHAT A LEGERND!
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Jack Dickinson says:

Donny says:

And on the bus!

Agreed. I saw a funny thing in Hemel the other day, a fat chav kid holding his mobile with 2 mini speakers attached to his waist playijng shitty r and b, what has the world come to

an r n b-elt!

i'm gonna patent that mother.

i dislike the term "chav". some kids are shits fo' sho' and i would like nothing better than to give them a good old fashioned british style kicking; trousers down, pants around the ankles, whilst matron's not looking in the dorms.

yet i still feel that it is an easy term to lump on someone and the prevalence of "hilarious", catchphase laden social critique and parody (see little britain and that moron tate) has led to a lot of socio-political bridge burning and only serves to intensify the anti-social isolationism of this particular demographic sub-culture.

lest we forget that the punks were treated in similar alienatory fashion, as were subversives and "beatniks" as far back as the dadaist cabarets and swing kids of wermacht post-hyperinflation berlin.

"chav" culture has developed its own aesthetic identity (tracksuits and hoodies), music (d n b, garage, beloved dubstep, etc...), linguistic idiosyncracies (inflection and import of some patois dialects...much like parisien verlan slang), sports (motor racing, dog breeding), and entrepreneurial savvy (feeding a family of 8 on a £75 benefit cheque).

this term has been coined through fear and a lack of understanding and human compassion. absolutely, some of these fuckwits are violent, undereducated dickwads, but we need to examine the causes of this, the motives and then take appropriate action be it personal and local or administrative and national. for instance, the surrey stream of "chav" comes from a nice semi in the suburbs with understanding middle earning parents who pray to big baby jesus that the second their progeny hits 18 they'll metamorphose into responsible, aspirational young adults who shop at m&s for cabbages mined on venus by baboons with golden hands and will spawn with a plain, dumpy girl with an embarassing laugh and fat ankles. they're fucking twats and have no excuse other than expressing themselves as antiestablishment figures in what they perceive to be the most effective way.

most 15 year olds, however, are more interested in building radios; tinkering with lawnmower engines; collecting glass bottles to sell for pennies at the sweet shop and fishing using worms that they have farmed from their gardens so what i think doesn't really matter.:)
    •  sabbathfansabbathfan
    • bad admiral says:

for instance, the surrey stream of "chav" comes from a nice semi in the suburbs with understanding middle earning parents who pray to big baby jesus that the second their progeny hits 18 they'll metamorphose into responsible, aspirational young adults who shop at m&s for cabbages mined on venus by baboons with golden hands and will spawn with a plain, dumpy girl with an embarassing laugh and fat ankles. they're fucking twats and have no excuse other than expressing themselves as antiestablishment figures in what they perceive to be the most effective way.

Oh dear god, there were people like this at my school. Who lived in nice leafy suburbia at the edge of London but felt the need to act like they lived in Brixton.

It really was laughable, looking back at it. They used to walk round the corridors acting like they were tough, while trying to ignore the fact that daddy's wages were paying for their private school education, and for their expensive baseball caps and Tommy Hillfiger bags.
    • sabbathfan says:

bad admiral says:

for instance, the surrey stream of "chav" comes from a nice semi in the suburbs with understanding middle earning parents who pray to big baby jesus that the second their progeny hits 18 they'll metamorphose into responsible, aspirational young adults who shop at m&s for cabbages mined on venus by baboons with golden hands and will spawn with a plain, dumpy girl with an embarassing laugh and fat ankles. they're fucking twats and have no excuse other than expressing themselves as antiestablishment figures in what they perceive to be the most effective way.

Oh dear god, there were people like this at my school. Who lived in nice leafy suburbia at the edge of London but felt the need to act like they lived in Brixton.

It really was laughable, looking back at it. They used to walk round the corridors acting like they were tough, while trying to ignore the fact that daddy's wages were paying for their private school education, and for their expensive baseball caps and Tommy Hillfiger bags.

"my parents' materialism only fuels my alienation.

why couldn't you be poor?!?!?!

i never asked to be born..."
    •  PodgePodge
    • banning things alienates people and there is no one to enforce it anyway.

rewarding those who do good is a better idea.
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • bad admiral says:

Jack Dickinson says:

Donny says:

And on the bus!

an r n b-elt!

i'm gonna patent that mother.

i dislike the term "chav". some kids are shits fo' sho' and i would like nothing better than to give them a good old fashioned british style kicking; trousers down, pants around the ankles, whilst matron's not looking in the dorms.

yet i still feel that it is an easy term to lump on someone and the prevalence of "hilarious", catchphase laden social critique and parody (see little britain and that moron tate) has led to a lot of socio-political bridge burning and only serves to intensify the anti-social isolationism of this particular demographic sub-culture.

lest we forget that the punks were treated in similar alienatory fashion, as were subversives and "beatniks" as far back as the dadaist cabarets and swing kids of wermacht post-hyperinflation berlin.

"chav" culture has developed its own aesthetic identity (tracksuits and hoodies), music (d n b, garage, beloved dubstep, etc...), linguistic idiosyncracies (inflection and import of some patois dialects...much like parisien verlan slang), sports (motor racing, dog breeding), and entrepreneurial savvy (feeding a family of 8 on a £75 benefit cheque).

this term has been coined through fear and a lack of understanding and human compassion. absolutely, some of these fuckwits are violent, undereducated dickwads, but we need to examine the causes of this, the motives and then take appropriate action be it personal and local or administrative and national. for instance, the surrey stream of "chav" comes from a nice semi in the suburbs with understanding middle earning parents who pray to big baby jesus that the second their progeny hits 18 they'll metamorphose into responsible, aspirational young adults who shop at m&s for cabbages mined on venus by baboons with golden hands and will spawn with a plain, dumpy girl with an embarassing laugh and fat ankles. they're fucking twats and have no excuse other than expressing themselves as antiestablishment figures in what they perceive to be the most effective way.

most 15 year olds, however, are more interested in building radios; tinkering with lawnmower engines; collecting glass bottles to sell for pennies at the sweet shop and fishing using worms that they have farmed from their gardens so what i think doesn't really matter.:)

This needs careful analysis. There's lots of complexity. My mind needs a drink to absorb this in the necessarily fait accompli, actually I'm going to think whatever I want, normal fashion.

I first thought the word chav was fair enough as there are a lot of little scum around. However it does get used as a stick to beat people who live on council estates... on the other hand a lot of people called chavs by some probably use it on others. It could become 'nigger' in a few years – Ok it's about 100 times less powerful but you get the picture...
    • it's another way of marking people apart. to say that you identify with a certain culture indicates inclusivity whilst asserting a degree of individuality.

"chav" is generally foisted upon people rather than a collective identity to choose to become a part of.

it's difficult because some people are total pricks who you wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. but isolation isn't the answer.

Forums - General Chat - Boris fucking Johnson?