Menu

Forums - Reviews and Articles

Supersonic Festival 2012 - The Custard Factory, Birmingham

•  mikemike
    • Add your comments here!
    •  JackJack
    • It's safe to say I don't think this festival would be for me
    •  mikemike
    • You'd probably dig a few bands Jack, I know my taste is odd but there's always something there for everyone. Read something in a mag there that summed up what the festival is about. Along the lines of 'the type of crowds who don't shy away from the unknown' which is a great way to be regardless I reckon.
    •  funkynoisefunkynoise
    • My mate goes every year, but probably because he gets in free to help with the Future Noise stall!!!
    •  GarethGareth
    • Sounds pretty interesting, I need to go to more left field gigs like this.
    •  PetePete
    • I'm gonna go next year.
    •  JohnJohn
    • Great weekend, probably my favourite one yet. Highlights were Sensational, Six Organs, Warm Digits, Lash Frenzy and Dopebody.

Could have stayed there for an entire week!
    •  mikemike
    • Yeah it flys by, found myself with nothing to do at one point as there was only one thing on in the library but there was a queue and thought to myself that it was the only time I wasn't watching a band all weekend, pretty good.

Pete, make it happen! Gareth you'd love it.
    •  JackJack
    • I saw they had Earthless one year, I love the stuff like that but not so sure about the electronic and experimental side of the festival
    •  mikemike
    • Yeah there's a lot of it, but you'd probably have dug Gnod, Warm Digits, Zoltan and a few others because of the stoner/doom vibes. Ufomammut too.

It's the most chilled out place ever as well, no dickheads.
    •  GarethGareth
    • APART FROM YOU WAHHHEEEYYYY
    •  mikemike
    • Obvs!
    •  rickinoppositionrickinopposition
    • One year I shall finally attend Supersonic... cool review.

Forums - Reviews and Articles - Supersonic Festival 2012 - The Custard Factory, Birmingham