Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Saturday 4th December- all-dayer at the wheatsheaf, Oxford

•  mambamamba
    • I'm supposed to be in Marlborough for 7pm so will probably only see Groan and maybe a bit of Bastard Of The Skies.

I've sold it to Tania as a Christmas shopping trip. She can go shopping, I can go for a few pints, she can drive me home. Sounds much like Bath last Saturday.
    •  MazzMazz
    • That’s a well thought out plan.
    •  OllieOllie
    • If the Facebook invite is anything to go by this is going to be fucking rammed!!!
    •  Desert_StormDesert_Storm
    • Here's the address for the venue:

The wheatsheaf
      129 High Street
      Oxford
      ox1 4df

Just to warn you, the parking is a nightmare in Oxford.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • mamba says:
      I'm supposed to be in Marlborough for 7pm so will probably only see Groan and maybe a bit of Bastard Of The Skies.

I've sold it to Tania as a Christmas shopping trip. She can go shopping, I can go for a few pints, she can drive me home. Sounds much like Bath last Saturday.

WIN, WIN all round.
    •  MazzMazz
    • 3.5 hours to get home...bloody trains..it's ok..I have a wine and have have some history stuff on More 4.

Thanks for having us.
    •  mambamamba
    • Groan were very good. Especially considering their geographical differences. Very impressed.
    •  MazzMazz
    • You just made me cry..look :cry:
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Good gig then?

Who was good?

Who sucked?
    •  JackJack
    • Yeah we the readers of Ninehertz demand a review
    •  Minister BonesawMinister Bonesaw
    • Tightest set we've played. I fucked the same note as always in Deadly Omens in the solo. WOOOH!

I wanna see those picture people took. Some guy took a video too, I think.

Sorry we didn't stick about for the whole event. Next time we're in Oxford we shall.
    •  OllieOllie
    • We had a good time...good crowd. We seemed to play reasonably well considering we hadn't seen each other in 4 weeks. Shame we didn't see Groan but we did get to see Mazz in a silly hat. Desert Storm were pretty impressive, big Clutch influence. Trippy were great but it was a pity more people didn't hang round to see them, still had a decent crowd in there for them though.
    •  WickedWesticleWickedWesticle
    • The curse of the all dayer headliners. Or we're just shit.

Cheers for sticking round Ollie.

Gutted to miss Groan but that last 10 seconds was pretty damn good.
    •  OllieOllie
    • WickedWesticle says:
      The curse of the all dayer headliners. Or we're just shit.

Cheers for sticking round Ollie.

Gutted to miss Groan but that last 10 seconds was pretty damn good.

Nah you guys were fucking great, really enjoyed it. You had a lovely fat sound out front. It was obviously an emotional day for Desert Storm and being the local band they had all their mates there to pay tribute to their buddy so they really got the crowd of the day...plus they were fucking great!!! I think they just wore everyone out...even Phil was in the mosh pit for them...but he was drunk and giving us all hugs as well which isn't like him!!!
    •  MazzMazz
    • A silly hat???? oh yeah...glad I had it on though..all snug and warm.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Saturday 4th December- all-dayer at the wheatsheaf, Oxford