Witchcraft
      Colour Haze
      Taint
      Zonderhoof
      Mountain Witch
    •  OllieOllie
    • Actually Gringo are pretty cool.
    •  BiledriverBiledriver
    • I would pay double, no wait, triple for a ticket if you could convince Serpent Throne to come over.

And - have a best tattoo competition then raffle off something like a big poster signed by all the artists or a puppy or a bag or weed or soemthing.

And - free sweets on the bar.

Good luck.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Biledriver says:
      I would pay double, no wait, triple for a ticket if you could convince Serpent Throne to come over.

And - have a best tattoo competition then raffle off something like a big poster signed by all the artists or a puppy or a bag or weed or soemthing.

And - free sweets on the bar.

Good luck.

yeah...free sweets..it's the little things man.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • 9 pages in a day! Yikes!

Some from me:
      What Mazz said.
      Winnebago Deal.
      Elder (would be fucking epic and I will buy you the aforementioned 7-pint ransom)
      Bck Pyramid
      The Sword?! (could catapault you to a larger venue, not everyone's cup of tea and are playing in December anyways...)
      Saviours
      The Datsuns
      Boris?
      Gonga
      some Italian bands (e.g. L'Ira del Baccano)
      something thrashy - maybe some London mobs like Savage Messiah
      GROAN
      Black Manalishi
      Tweak Bird
      Astohenge
      At A Crawl
      Dopefight
      Angel House (mates of mine from Birmigham - old, but awesome hard rock!)
      Stonewall Noise Orchestra
      The Ebbs
      oddballs like Bodukwe were wicked
      some jazz

Jack - I know I'm not the most experienced in booking gigs etc but have done a couple and very happy to help you out! Just let me know - I'm pretty good at keeping and circulating notes and happy to put some work in if you need it.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Ollie says:
      Actually Gringo are pretty cool.

Very kind of you to say so.
      We have vowed to only ever do London gigs with Chas & Dave or the Cockney Rejects though.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Actually yeah Boris would be good. And Gent's Pistols.
    •  bluesoulbluesoul
    • Elvis Deluxe from Poland
    •  RamoRamo
    • Ollie says:
      I like Low Sonic Drift...they'd add a nice touch of prog/stoner/thrash and Lords Of Bastard are amazing...long way for both of them to come though.

Cheers Ollie! Aye we'd be more than up for making the journey if asked to play something like this, and Lords are heading to the states this september so i reckon London wouldn't be too much bother!

Bands i'd like to see:
      Earthless
      Baroness
      Colour Haze
      Comets on Fire!!
      Six Organs
      Ozric Tentacles
      Suma
      Monkey 3
      Serpentina Satelite
      Poseidotica
      Los Natas
      Orange Goblin
      Solace
      Goatsnake
      Wino
      Clutch
      Taint
      Gentleman's Pistols
      Trippy Wicked
      Volition
      Yob
    •  OllieOllie
    • I'm just listening to Luder on Small Stone...I think they have the potential to blow people's minds...psychedelic shoegazing stoner metal!!!
    •  JackJack
    • Ramo says:
      Ollie says:
      I like Low Sonic Drift...they'd add a nice touch of prog/stoner/thrash and Lords Of Bastard are amazing...long way for both of them to come though.

Cheers Ollie! Aye we'd be more than up for making the journey if asked to play something like this, and Lords are heading to the states this september so i reckon London wouldn't be too much bother!

Bands i'd like to see:
      Earthless
      Baroness
      Colour Haze
      Comets on Fire!!
      Six Organs
      Ozric Tentacles
      Suma
      Monkey 3
      Serpentina Satelite
      Poseidotica
      Los Natas
      Orange Goblin
      Solace
      Goatsnake
      Wino
      Clutch
      Taint
      Gentleman's Pistols
      Trippy Wicked
      Volition
      Yob

Thats a tasty list! It would be good to get more bands from outside of London too. Will try
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • Mazz says:
      bad admiral says:
      Jack says:
      bad admiral says:
      crotch rocket.

Lets hope so:cool:

i just hope augustus deluxe can make it...

I AM it.

sorry...i'll see you at BAND PRACTICE on the 3rd then.
    •  JohnJohn
    • Glad to hear it's happening again, last one was great! I'd like to see:

At A Crawl
      Berserkowitz
      Dead Existence
      Koresh
      Chickenhawk
      Flatlands
      Serpent Venom
      The Mire
      Jackie Treehorn
    •  MazzMazz
    • bad admiral says:
      Mazz says:
      bad admiral says:
      Jack says:
      bad admiral says:
      crotch rocket.

Lets hope so:cool:

i just hope augustus deluxe can make it...

I AM it.

sorry...i'll see you at BAND PRACTICE on the 3rd then.

BAND PRACTICE! You mean we PRACTICE?
    • Earthless is a great shout! They would be get-able I reckon and would draw the punters in for sure. Arguably the best jam-band I've ever seen.

I reckon you should keep this one at the Gaff unless demand is super high. Yeah the pillar is annoying and it's hot as fuck in there when there's 100 or so in, but it has a great atmosphere, good staff, and just enough flexibility. When you pack that out, THEN move onto a bigger venue/bands etc. I'm not saying the sky isn't the limit, it is, but small-scale will fuel the awesomeness, reviews and word-of-mouth better than the Scala with 40 people in it.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Yeah have to agree with Pete, better to be small and rammed than large and half full.

Plus the gaff has a nice atmosphere to it that could be lost in the scala or underworld.
    •  OllieOllie
    • What did poeple think of having the days segregated into styles...clssic/stoner on one day and sludge/doom the next? Personally I think it would be far more of a benefit to mix it all up as it can get a little heavy going seeing a whole bunch of similar bands one after the other. I'd be a lot more interested in maybe seeing someone like Dopefight then maybe Domes of Silence then maybe Serpent venom then Invasion and mixing it all up a little more. Plus it brings a greater breadth of punters into each day and helps the doom fans to catch on to a little more stoner and vice versa rather than just playing to their usual crowds. I think people would be more likely to get tickets for both days this way than to pick and choose.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • to the untrained ear, most of what we do sounds the same anyway and we'll get far more pretty girls there if we mix it up and it's advertised as "PSYCHEDELIC GARAGE ROCK N' ROLL SEXX CHURCH" than "Sludge, Doom, Psyche, Stoner all dayer".

i know it sounds like something from a japanese cartoon, but i also know what women want.

also...retro clothing and homewares in "PURPLE HOLLOW" will pull in the punters who (like me) are too shallow to just watch hairy dudes rock out all day.
    •  seansean
    • Ollie says:
      What did poeple think of having the days segregated into styles...clssic/stoner on one day and sludge/doom the next? Personally I think it would be far more of a benefit to mix it all up as it can get a little heavy going seeing a whole bunch of similar bands one after the other. I'd be a lot more interested in maybe seeing someone like Dopefight then maybe Domes of Silence then maybe Serpent venom then Invasion and mixing it all up a little more. Plus it brings a greater breadth of punters into each day and helps the doom fans to catch on to a little more stoner and vice versa rather than just playing to their usual crowds. I think people would be more likely to get tickets for both days this way than to pick and choose.

Even though we had a mention, Ta, Ollie as usual is right a 2 day event of bands from across the stoner/doom/sludge spectrum would be a big draw .
    • sean says:
      Ollie says:
      What did poeple think of having the days segregated into styles...clssic/stoner on one day and sludge/doom the next? Personally I think it would be far more of a benefit to mix it all up as it can get a little heavy going seeing a whole bunch of similar bands one after the other. I'd be a lot more interested in maybe seeing someone like Dopefight then maybe Domes of Silence then maybe Serpent venom then Invasion and mixing it all up a little more. Plus it brings a greater breadth of punters into each day and helps the doom fans to catch on to a little more stoner and vice versa rather than just playing to their usual crowds. I think people would be more likely to get tickets for both days this way than to pick and choose.

Even though we had a mention, Ta, Ollie as usual is right a 2 day event of bands from across the stoner/doom/sludge spectrum would be a big draw .

I agree here too. And to a certain extent I think Jack did that last year very well, although there was a more metally day of the two.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Loud Howls II suggestions please