Menu

Forums - Reviews and Articles

High On Fire - Snakes for the Divine

•  Amy BAmy B
    • Add your comments here!
    •  MazzMazz
    • I have this. I have listened to it once. I liked very much sir. I will isten tomorrow at work,
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Mazz says:
      I have this. I have listened to it once. I liked very much sir. I will isten tomorrow at work,

Good plan! I may do this also!!
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • One song I heard sounded quite involved in a Mastodony way, with vocal harmonies!

They will never top the Art of Self Defense although shame they couldn't spell the title properly..
    • I think Blessed Black Wings will remain their staple album. 'Devilution' has to be up there with the best opening tracks of the genre.
    •  LewisLewis
    • Devilution is indeed class, although i think Blessed is their weakest album.
      Death is this Communion my favourite. not sure about the production on the new one, the sound seems to be too clean, which has taken some of the thunder away.
    •  PodgePodge
    • I don't like this album, feels a bit watered down
    •  EggyEggy
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      I think Blessed Black Wings will remain their staple album. 'Devilution' has to be up there with the best opening tracks of the genre.

First HOF album i bought and still my favourite, i never get tired of listening to it. Couldn't really name the best track. Bought the new album yesterday.
    • Eggy says:
      Bought the new album yesterday.

What do you reckon to if, Eggman?
    •  MazzMazz
    • Heavy Metal Jim thinks it's no good and he has not listened to it. He just knows..I like that.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Saw them live a while ago and the lack of dynamics got to me. It was impressively loud and heavy for the 1st few songs then just didn't change. Don't think I'll be getting the album.
    •  mikemike
    • I really dig Death Is This Communion, good driving album!
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • mike says:
      I really dig Death Is This Communion, good driving album!

I need this, Tusk is an awesome song. I agree with Podge, Snakes... isn't a patch on Blessed Black Wings in terms of sheer weight and fury.
    •  PodgePodge
    • BBW makes me want to destroy stuff, snakes makes me want to listen to BBW

Forums - Reviews and Articles - High On Fire - Snakes for the Divine