Menu
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Yeah i think Crack the skye isn't a bad record you just have to get used to the vocals a bit.
    •  mambamamba
    • Jack Dickinson says:
      They were bloody great at Sonasphere and listening to this album again I'm really enjoying it now

Snap.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Been listening to that album almost none stop before sonisphere, I think it's my favourite of theirs. They were really really good on sunday.
    •  JackJack
    • They were indeed and they were having a lot of fun too, i saw them lots backstage and they looked like they were in a real good mood. Drummer had a pair of the Mastodon vans slip ons on his feet
    •  Tim HolehouseTim Holehouse
    • Donny says:
      Been listening to that album almost none stop before sonisphere, I think it's my favourite of theirs. They were really really good on sunday.

I'm really enjoying it now... got used to the vocals and its just a great album. Think Remission and the Ep are still my favourites though and some of the bits of levithan. Still not sure about blood mountain though.
    •  BenBen
    • I've finally braved listening to this (never been to much of a Mastodon fan tbh) and it's not bad really. I could see how the vocals could upset some people, but I think they work with the style well.

It pretty much is 80's ozzy with a 70's prog band as someone said, but is that necessarily a bad thing?
    •  MazzMazz
    • Ben says:

It pretty much is 80's ozzy with a 70's prog band as someone said, but is that necessarily a bad thing?

Never
    •  AlaRegularisAlaRegularis
    • I think all of their albums are great. Crack the Skye is f-ing brilliant!
    •  Jim GoadJim Goad
    • I like Crack the Skye a lot. The exception is The Czar which is the worst thing they've ever recorded. I've tried to get used to it but now I just have to skip it every time.

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Mastodon't