Menu

Forums - General Chat

June acquisitions

•  Big SiBig Si
    • A car with one wheel?
    •  GarethGareth
    • No, 1 x means it's not straightedge but is getting there.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • this car isn't straight edge at all.

it's a slightly pimped up (by the factory it was made in :s) vauxhall corsa.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/images.action?R=200920334490906&channel=CARS&adcategory=&largeId=930011435
    •  alanalan
    • Get Up Kids ticket. The simple fact that I'm typing those words makes me happy.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • 1 x giant van for moving day. I haven't driven a giant van since touring with Sunshine Republic and that wasn't for long because it scared me and hurt my tiny limbs.
    •  90dayman90dayman
    • White paint. A big tub of.
    •  theadoretheadore
    • ultimatekev says:
      It's fast approaching skip season, I'm excited about this year.
      The streets are already lined with fully functioning television sets thrown out just for not being flat screen.

I left my non-working TV on the street for a second trip to the tip... it lasted less than 5 minutes.

I'm half expecting someone to bring it back and complain that its not working.
    •  noonenoone
    • In the Netherlands , in most cities anyway , Thursday is the day you can leave any unwanted household goods in the street for people to salvage and, in the case of electrical goods , a plug still attached means it's fully working and a plug snipped off means it requires repairing.
      It's a great system that would never work in this country because everything would be burnt , kicked down the street , pissed on or hurled off a footbridge onto moving traffic.
    •  PodgePodge
    • that is a well good idea
    •  noonenoone
    • I recently stayed with a friend in Den Haag and they have free shops in the poorer parts of the city and I don't mean the little stalls that you see in squatted gig spaces and social centres.
      These are proper fully staffed shops that open for a few hours a week and they stock everything from clothes and furniture to toys and electrical appliances.
      You need to obtain a ticket a few days in advance to be allowed in then you get 10 minutes to take what you want.
      And nobody takes the piss like they would in this country , they just take the things they need.
    •  PodgePodge
    • those foreigners with their crazy ideas, what ever next?
    • - transport infrastructure that doesn't break
      - higher living/working standards
      - more public holidays
      - sunshine
      - sensible extradition policies
      - adultery
      - locally sourced produce in supermarkets
      - better hair
      - mountains
      - siesta
      - fiesta
      - sports cars

they're all mad i tell you. :rolleyes:

•  EggyEggy
    • those last two are a bit too close together for my liking, it's almost saying fiesta sports car.

Got to love those countries that are better than here.
    •  theadoretheadore
    • ultimatekev says:
      I recently stayed with a friend in Den Haag and they have free shops in the poorer parts of the city and I don't mean the little stalls that you see in squatted gig spaces and social centres.
      These are proper fully staffed shops that open for a few hours a week and they stock everything from clothes and furniture to toys and electrical appliances.
      You need to obtain a ticket a few days in advance to be allowed in then you get 10 minutes to take what you want.
      And nobody takes the piss like they would in this country , they just take the things they need.

Agreed - Freecycle was good over here for a while - Now its become a handy method of allowing other people to sell your stuff on Ebay.
    •  mambamamba
    • Some letters after my name following my exam results today.

Yours sincerely,
      Alex Breadmore BA (Hons) Dip PFS

What a cunt.
    •  PodgePodge
    • mamba says:
      Some letters after my name following my exam results today.

nice one but what is Dip PFS?

Today i got offered a months trial at a job helping design / manufacture / import mountain bikes Woo Hoo
    •  mambamamba
    • Podge says:
      mamba says:

Diploma in Financial Planning

Rock n rolls!

Good work on the job trial too. Sounds good!
      [Edited by mamba at 09:07 on 19/06/09]
    •  EggyEggy
    • Podge says:
      mamba says:

Today i got offered a months trial at a job helping design / manufacture / import mountain bikes Woo Hoo

congrats!
    •  JackJack
    • Good stuff all round peeps. I have a BA hons in TV Production but I've yet to ad the letters after my name. I might do next time I get a tv credit for a laugh
    • i know someone who sticks BA Hons after her name. idiot.

i prefer: richard goodwin jones (mummy and daddy) paid for this (Hons)

Forums - General Chat - June acquisitions