Menu

Forums - General Chat

PLANS FOR NEW YEARS EVE

•  HogTeamHogTeam
    • mine will consist of a party in maltby...perhaps go to the party after a night in town... tempted to do the whole countdown thing in a pub....snafu maybe
    •  noonenoone
    • I'm working NYE and NYD.
      I volunteered for both that way I can avoid the annual epic disappointment of not finding anything good to do.
      If I don't end up in a sweaty pub / club waiting over half an hour to get served I seem to end up at house parties where people haven't grown out of smoking weed and think snorting stepped-on 30 percent coke makes them look cool.
      Hang on, that's every Friday for me!
      Last NYE seems like yesterday , I spent it at a studio party. Some coked up meat head on pills insisted on hugging me and telling me to grab the new year by the balls and it would be a great one. How wrong he was.
      Mystic Smeg?
    •  tom.atom.a
    • working like any other day.
      its gona be balls like any other day.
    •  DonnyDonny
    • Local pub, pay to get in. Have lovely evenin with the missus. New years day with friends. Can't wait.
    •  Big SiBig Si
    • ultimatekev says:
      the annual epic disappointment of not finding anything good to do.

Every year I hate myself more for falling prey to the delusionally high expectations of how much fun I can have on NYE. I don't think I've had a really good one since about 1998, which was awesome right up until the point I fell asleep in my mate's garden and went a bit hypothermic.
      Ho hum, sure I'll find some equally disappointed people to get drunk with.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Not really arsed about NYE but I plan to spend New Year's Day watching The Wire and having sex.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Staying in.

THEN GO OUT FOR AN A ALL DAY WHO-HA ON NEW YEARS DAY FOR WILLIS'S BIRTHDAY.

CAPS LOCK RULES.
    •  mikemike
    • No plans for NYE as its true, its a bit dull, as Sheffield people often say 'you can't force fun'
    •  noonenoone
    • Sheffield's slogan should be ' you can't have fun '
    •  LaddethLaddeth
    • Frans working NYE morning so doesn't wanna go anywhere for it basically.
      Anyone is welcome to come up here for drinks if they fancy a change of scenery, otherwise its just me and her, on our own, again.
      [Edited by Laddeth at 01:43 on 26/12/08]
    •  bitterandtwistedbitterandtwisted
    • I shall be spending NYE the same way I have for the last ten years or more: going down to the seaside in Kent to stay with pals. Normally it's a superb dinner prepared by my foodie friend Chuck, then down to the beach with champagne and fireworks just before midnight. This year they will have a very small baby in tow, so I daresay I'll be quaffing champagne with one hand and dandling said darling with the other. Something like that.

Have a wonderful time everyone, even the Bah! Humbugs amongst you. And here's to a decent 2009. I don't suppose we can wish for a happy and prosperous one in the current circs, so I hope the year leaves you all totally unscathed.
    •  noonenoone
    • what is dandling?
    •  EggyEggy
    • I'm going to a mates for NYE, it's cheaper than going down town and pretty much as enjoyable, no doubt we'll spend most of the night on the Wii, like last year.

Can't recall the best NYE i've had, used to enjoy watching clive james on tv in my pre-drinking days.

Most memorable NYE has to be the millenium, went to Clowne for the night with some workmates, i went for a piss without knowing the time, thought it was strange that i was the only person in the bogs, when i came out after my piss everyone was celebrating the millenium, i celebrated it by having a piss.
      [Edited by Eggy at 09:20 on 28/12/08]
    •  noonenoone
    • a good piss is better than crap sex , as they say.
    •  GarethGareth
    • I'm probably going to do my usual NYE plan of staying in with wine. No expectations, no disappointment.
    •  OllieOllie
    • We've gone from planning an evening of doing absolutely fuck all watching Jools Holland but now we're having my sister in law, my brother in law and his girlfriend round, we're going to do a shit load of Mexican food and drink loads. People don't seem to be going out so much nowadays, a lot of pubs seem to charge to get in now and it's usually crap so staying in is the new going out.
    •  noonenoone
    • Doing nothing is the new doing something and I'm championing the movement by doing absolutely feck all.
      I refuse to even acknowledge any change in year.
      to me December 31st is followed by December the 32nd
      [Edited by noone at 11:06 on 29/12/08]
    •  OllieOllie
    • early indications show that 2009 will just be a continuation of 2008 so I think you're right Kev. I'm also thinking if it stays 2008 and 2009 never comes I won't have to turn 40 in a year's time!!!
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Oh Ollie, everyone knows older men are sexy (except Carey who likes little boys).

One of my favourite little dalliances was with a guy your age! It was muchos fun!
    •  OllieOllie
    • JenTheHen says:
      Oh Ollie, everyone knows older men are sexy (except Carey who likes little boys).

One of my favourite little dalliances was with a guy your age! It was muchos fun!

I like to think that's true.

Is Carey Michael Jackson in disguise?

Forums - General Chat - PLANS FOR NEW YEARS EVE