Menu

Forums - General Chat

It's the motherchucking weekend!

•  HopkinsHopkins
    • Tonight - Chillax. Play some FM2008 and commence watching season 6 of CSI. Maybe some wine too

Friday - Chippy dinner. Pub. Offy. Jam (we shall be attempting some John Lee Hooker, Fleetwood Mac and Small Faces). Get home, marinade chicken overnight in garlic and ginger rub.

Saturday - Get up at 7. marinade chicken in yoghurt with special spices. Go for a jog. Build a pc for my mate. Await my sister's arrival and cook her dinner. Take her to airport. Cook a chicken tikka masala al la heston Blumenthal for tea.

Sunday - Gardening (weather permitting)
    •  CareyCarey
    • suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupersonic.
    •  mambamamba
    • Tonight: play cricket. I was hoping for rain as I have made alternative plans of going to the pub.

Tomorrow: no plans for the evening that I can think of. Avoid UB40 playing at the racecourse just up the road.

Saturday: work, then old friend's wedding reception in the evening. Booze.

Sunday: might venture over to see friends in Swindon as his missus is about to drop a sprog and I haven't seen them for a while.

Monday: Thorpe Park. Been promising to take the missus for ages. Followed by Def Leppard and Whitesnake in Cardiff if I can still blag guesties.
    •  bluseychrisbluseychris
    • Friday: get new laptop
      Saturday: fun & cake
      sunday: sleep
    •  JackJack
    • tonight: pack gear up for holiday
      Friday- work then drive to Reading to my mates house, meet up with the rest of my mates
      Saturday- Stick bikes and gear on my car. drive to Dover, get ferry, be sick, drive all the way to the french alps, drink beer
      Sunday- Ride downhill in the alps oh yes! return a week later
    •  Tom PTom P
    • Relaxing with weed, gert, cats, 12string, hash and food.
      Practising with the B.
      Looking at a place to rent in a beautiful village just outside my hometown.
      Perhaps a big sesh.
      Sleep in wherever applicable.
      Gig with the B on Monday. Big drink.
      Back to work Wednesday.

The only thing missing is a hammock but it can't be long...
    •  PetePete
    • Tonight: Pub or early night, not sure yet.
      Tomorrow: Bus to Birmingham, do not much, watch telly in hotel?
      Saturday: Supersonic, The Heads and some other bands.
      Sunday: Slowly make way back to Sheffield.
      Monday: Work, play football for my recently-mighty 5 a side team, then watch Obiat, Aluna and Berserkowitz in the Redhouse.
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • tonight - work, gym, home.
      tomorrow - work, romance for i will have been going out with my woman for 5 whole years.
      saturday - something nice
      sunday - countryfile, try and get me hands on some primary sources in coptic.
    •  mikemike
    • Today- Get dressed up properly for job agency registration, utterly pointless getting dressed up, usual typing test and CV analysis balls, no permanent jobs, they will "be in touch" about temp work, crap.

Comeback Kid and Shai Hulud at Corp tonight, should be fun!

Tomorrow- Might have an A for Appointments interview, might not, brilliant. Super fucking Sonic mate, should be amazing, Pete I think we'll be in and out of SS on Friday, so we should find a pub to sit in near the Custard Factory.

Saturday- Supersonic best day.

Sunday- Supersonic short day.

Monday- Dole interview, Oxbow and Harvey Milk in Manchester.

Duno for the rest of the week, job hunting as ever?
    •  Wez TDJWez TDJ
    • Tonight - Chill out and watch the new series of Mock The Week.

Tomo - Work then Band Of Horses at the Leadmill.

Saturday - Sod all. Going round me mates to look at hotels for a friend of our's wedding in Formby. Couple of drinks at night.

Sunday - Nowt, probably fuck about on Mario Kart all day.
    •  rustyspoonrustyspoon
    • Wake up, train to Birmingham, hopefully by the time find hotel etc... should be 1pmsh, mooch round, festival.
      Come back monday and got week of work still, tattoo on tuesday and then nothing planned.
    •  MazzMazz
    • Saturday = Laura's Dad's birthtday booze thing.
      Sunday = Laura's Dad's Brthday Sunday pub visit for hangover roast dinner
      Monday = Cardiff for WHITESNAKE and DEF LEPPARD
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Carey says:

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupersonic.

What the wife said.
    •  alanalan
    • Friday- no plans. Drink needed.

Saturday- purchase supplies for Latitude. Get a haircut. Mate's housewarming if he doesn't put it back again.

Sunday- prob more Latitude panic buying. Hangover.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Friday: laze about
      Saturday: up at crack of doom for some doom in Bradford
      Sunday: come home, play local open mic
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • Rob Himself says:

Friday: laze about
      Saturday: up at crack of doom for some doom in Bradford
      Sunday: come home, play local open mic

Awwwwwwww the glorious hometown. Enjoy! You'll be pleased with the booze prices at the 1 in 12 I reckon.

Don't whinge that there are no food establishments, just look harder and not very far if you know where you're going. Ask somone!
    •  noonenoone
    • such as upstairs at the 1in12?
      Pie and chips less than 2 quid last time I went.
    •  JenTheHenJenTheHen
    • ultimatekev says:

such as upstairs at the 1in12?
      Pie and chips less than 2 quid last time I went.

Yup. People always whine when they go to the 1 in 12 that there are no places to eat nearby.

There are other places nearby too though...
    •  noonenoone
    • The felafel in that take away called Oasis is proper skill. The quality took a nose dive last year but they've sorted it now and its back on form.
      As well as a good , fresh salad section you get to pick from a selection of pickles and sauces as well , at no extra charge , on your Felafel sandwich.
      I'd recommend : all the salad, the runny Homous sauce , Chilli sauce , crunchy pickled gherkin and pickled chilli peppers.
    •  Rob HimselfRob Himself
    • Falafel sandwich sounds ace to me!

Forums - General Chat - It's the motherchucking weekend!