Menu

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion

Gorse. Fuzz practice reveals hot new lineup skills

•  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Have a listen to the myspace - same old tunes (except one) but groovy new lineup including the top notch Charlie from Mothertrucker and the slippery eel bass moves of Ollie from the Gilamonsters
    •  JackJack
    • I'll have a listen in a moment
    •  mikemike
    • James, this sounds like early Alabama Thunderpussy before they chucked out their decent singer!
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • I guess that's a compliment! It has got a bit more rocky and a bit more funky since the new guys arrived - all good! The vocals could be a lot better but if it sounds like the better one out of ATP I assume that's good! (I don't know em really) x
    •  James DJames D
    • I haven't listened yet as I'm at work, but how did you record these? Just at practice? I saw the Hubble-Trucker big band last night and it was really good, Charlie's drumming held it all together really well and sounded properly meaty!
    •  J ParkerJ Parker
    • Yeah he is really good - super nice guy as well, these two facts dont always come together with drummers. Im looking at you Bad Admiral :D
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i'm too much of a huge genius to be conventionally "nice".

i lazily invented a religion, a pizza topping, a mental illness and a lifestyle choice the other day.

i'm not even that decent a drummer and i could still pick and choose and be a cock on the side...there's such a shortage. it's bizarre.

i guess drums are a fucking pain to buy, set up, reconcile with neighbours, reconcile with parents, learn, replace stuff for, move with, live with and stuff which is why drummers are so rare.

however, most of the ones i've met/played with have been pretty much agreeable and pleasant. i had some issues with one in my last proper band as he was responsible for sharing some of my more "tired and emotional" outbursts with parties inappropriate, which landed me in some hot water, i can tell you.:rolleyes:

Forums - Music Discussion and Promotion - Gorse. Fuzz practice reveals hot new lineup skills