Menu

Forums - General Chat

Recent purchases

•  mikemike
    • Oh I bought a few bits for the garden, Rosemary, Lavender, some more pots to make it look less of a dive.
    •  mambamamba
    • Paint, curtains, and other boring house stuff to make it look a bit more presentable before sticking the flat on the market.
    •  PetePete
    • mamba says:
      Paint, curtains, and other boring house stuff to make it look a bit more presentable before sticking the flat on the market.

I hate how everyone recommends making your house as bland as possible to attract as many possible new buyers - surely there's some people out there who will be attracted by uniqueness and colour rather than put off by it...
    •  cbamber85cbamber85
    • Pete says:
      I hate how everyone recommends making your house as bland as possible to attract as many possible new buyers

As someone who's going through the process of buying a house, I actually like when people do that as it makes it easier to imagine your stamp on it. That's harder to do when their house looks like Willy Wonka's...
    •  bad admiralbad admiral
    • i'm also buying a pad and also favour bland/empty
    •  PetePete
    • Priestess - Prior to the Fire
      Titan - A Raining Sun of Light & Love, For You & You & You...
      Cursed - Blackout at Sunrise

All of the above, from ebay, for less than £8.

Also, went to Cancer Research charity shop and someone had unloaded their metal collection - loads of Sepultura, Maiden, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer albums for a quid. Nothing there I really wanted but felt I should spend so got:

Corrosion of Conformity - Animosity
      Strapping Young Lad - SYL
    • 4 weeks worth of hayfever tablets
      cheap paracetamol
      cheap vit c chews which i've scoffed.

love savers.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • An abundance of ugly noisy Punk 7"s
    •  mikemike
    • Bought a slim fit shirt for the first time ever I think cos I've shed a bit, woop!

I will be buying the new Fall album tonight as I feel ashamed it's already been out a week and I haven't heard it yet.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Beer and a taxi home. Little else as I appear to have somehow burnt through a lot of money recently with little to show for it.
    •  mikemike
    • That's my life Gareth.
    •  JackJack
    • A pedalboard second hand, it's pretty cool with a built in power supply etc. A Zoom recorder to record our rehearsals and gigs. Then the next set of purchases are all to do with airbrushing, paint, masking tapes, knifes etc. It's my latest hobby
    •  DanLargeDanLarge
    • Still working my way through my mammoth hoard from Desertfest!
      Toner low, Belzebong, Conan, Bongripper, Sea Bastard, Enos, DYSE, War Iron i think there was more! haha
    • beef jerky and energy drink. bro lunch.

also looking at part exchanging my single speed road bike for something with gears (also road bike).

22 mile commute there and back 5 x per week - anybody got any ideas about a mid priced workhorse which is also nippy.

planning on making it theft proof by plastering it with "berlin love parade 2004" stickers.
    •  MazzMazz
    • I big (250ml) glass of house red during my lunch break..now kind of just riding the afternoon out.
    •  mikemike
    • Went a bit loopy in Manchester and got...

Monotonix - Never Died Before 7"

A Grave With No Name 7"

Valve - Station Ep 7"

You and What Army Faction - Silk 7"

Thoughtforms - Only Hollow 7"

Qotsa - Lullabies to Paralyse CD

The Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic CD

The Fucking Champs - Best Of CD

The Fall - Re-mit CD
    •  MazzMazz
    • The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street
    •  JackJack
    • Loads of paint, thinners and masking tape
    • a new road bike as my current steed is unsuitable for a daily 24 mile round commute - picking it up today!
    •  PetePete
    • Eyehategod ticket for Sheffield
      Vista Chino ticket for Manchester
      Torche ticket for Leeds

Forums - General Chat - Recent purchases