Menu

Forums - General Chat

fantasy football for the new season

•  PetePete
    • Hmmm, not an encouraging start to aid my particpation... Agger sent off, and one of my unused subs got 13 points. :(
    •  EggyEggy
    • who did he get sent off for, he didn't by any chance elbow someone in the nose did he?

If i were you i'd make a transfer!

Meant what of course, not who? :rolleyes:
      [Edited by Eggy at 19:19 on 24/08/12]
    •  EggyEggy

bugger it, I've set up a head to head league, it starts from gameweek2 on Saturday (25th) so make sure you all join before the next deadline.

Join the same way as you did for the Classic league, just enter this code instead

281217-417901

And if anyone else wants to join who's not yet in the more the merrier!

I don't know who Richard Knox and Mark Dyne are - if you know them and they're not likely to read this give them the heads up.

And if your reading this and don't know much about football, it doesn't matter, join anyway, it's just a load of fun!

[Edited by Eggy at 18:58 on 20/08/12]
    •  EggyEggy
    • Aguero stretchered off too after 13 minutes.

At least he didn't get an Aguerophobic Nosebleed...
    •  PetePete
    • Footballers eerywhere will be praying I don't pick them in my team...
    •  EggyEggy
    • P.S. please leave Dyer on your bench, he's doing well currently :p
    •  alanalan
    • Do I need to update both teams every week, or are we just dropping the first league?
    •  EggyEggy
    • one team, two leagues.

any changes you make will occur in both leagues.
      [Edited by Eggy at 11:50 on 21/08/12]
    •  EggyEggy
    • Getting there gradually, 7 teams in it now.

Still lacking Richard Knox, Tim and Terry.

Just over a day left to join...
    •  EggyEggy
    • All but Richard have joined now.

I found an email address for him yesterday courtesy of facebook, not friends with him, but couldn't just send him a message. Hopefully that'll do the trick if not I guess 9 will suffice.
    •  slomoslomo
    • I'M IN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both leagues :-)
    •  EggyEggy
    • Excellent,

...although not so sure after your good start :P
    •  EggyEggy
    • Yay, now have 11 in both leagues, an odd number in the head to head means someone will get to play avarage each week, which is the average score by all the participants in the world.

Fixtures are up, I've got Tim in the first game.
    •  alanalan
    • I seem to be steadily sliding down the table. I think I should have done two teams and not made any transfers at all with one of them, I think that one might be winning at this point!
    •  EggyEggy
    • I was top at the start of the season then i slid down the table quicker than Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb used to slide down that pole at the fire station

I'm back on things now though, I'm taking my transfers and team selections more seriously by going on more than just recent form, I'm gonna use my own knowledge - like at the weekend when I decided against having Fellaini as captain as they were away to Man City and may not score, it was then a case of whether to go for Suarez, or Ba, who were both at home.

I chose Suarez, who didn't score and got booked, so got me 2 points as captain.

Ba on the other hand scored two and would have got me 26 points.

Fellaini meanwhile scored, so would have got me 18 points if i'd have stuck with him.

:rolleyes:
    •  EggyEggy
    • Btw Alan, I see you have a really good weekend! 77 points, I'd give my right leg to get that many!
    •  alanalan
    • Eggy says:
      Btw Alan, I see you have a really good weekend! 77 points, I'd give my right leg to get that many!

Yeah, that was a bit mad. Ba, Defoe and Michu all scored twice! Shame I had Hazard as my captain, I've definitely jinxed him by signing him.
    •  EggyEggy
    • haha. I find it amazing that so many people can jinx so many players.

I definitely jinxed Nolan as he's done nothing since I signed him. And every time I put Caulker on the bench he gets a decent haul.

Forums - General Chat - fantasy football for the new season