Menu

Forums - General Chat

Bargains this weekend only

•  basstardbasstard
    • I'm not a fan of HMV usually but they are doing 20% off online orders this weekend (ends midnight Monday I think). Simply enter the code 20OFFHMV at the checkout.
      There's a surprisingly good range of vinyl available (Rise Above, Southern Lord, Relapse etc.) and all prices are postpaid. CDs, DVDs, games etc. also included in the offer. Does not apply to pre-orders though.
      [Edited by basstard at 13:07 on 22/05/11]
    •  RamoRamo
    • awesome, cheers for the heads up, good deals on eyehategod, earthless, mammatus, zyklon, hey colossus, monotonix, saviours and a heap of others on vinyl... shame i'm skint!
    •  RamoRamo
    • Bought Mammatus s/t, a nifty £7.13!
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Hmmm...not very impressed. Just got an email from HMV saying they can't honour my order for the Winter LP reissue on Southern Lord because it's not available and supposedly out of print.

So it's taken them almost a month to figure that out and let me know?

What's more, I looked on the Southern distro website (UK distributor for Southern Lord) and surprise surprise the Winter LP is in stock and available to order. In fact, it's their top selling record at the moment.

And the conclusion of this story goes something like this; HMV are a useless bunch of cunts.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • basstard says:
      And the conclusion of this story goes something like this; HMV are a useless bunch of cunts.

Write an aggressive letter to your local MP complaining of his heavy metal travesty.
    •  mikemike
    • I can't quite believe they still have stores open, terrible place.
    •  GarethGareth
    • Yeah but pretty much the only place in Sheffield town centre to buy CDs/DVDs. Pitiful really.
    •  mikemike
    • For sure, I think in ten years, you'll only be able to get them in Supermarkets and online. Can you imagine an ASDA record shop?
    •  basstardbasstard
    • HMV have always been a shower of shite but I would have thought an online service would be pretty easy to get right.
      As for the shops, they seem to be heading the same way as Woolworths.
      Give me a proper record shop any day.
    •  GarethGareth
    • basstard says:
      HMV have always been a shower of shite but I would have thought an online service would be pretty easy to get right.
      As for the shops, they seem to be heading the same way as Woolworths.
      Give me a proper record shop any day.

To be fair, they've usually got a decent selection in and DVDs are reasonably priced most of the time. They're worse on music oddly enough but I seriously can't think of anywhere in Sheff centre that sells music. The nearest record shop to me is Record Collector in Broomhill and they're mainly indie focused.
    •  basstardbasstard
    • They've just emailed to say they can't get the Place Of Skulls vinyl either. Twats.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Pricks! That's almost against Advertising Standards Regulations surely! Selling something you can't physically get! Idiots!

Forums - General Chat - Bargains this weekend only