Menu

Forums - General Chat

Plonker Climbing 3 Mountains in 24 hours

•  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Yep. It's gunna hurt.

I'm taking on the mighty 3 Peaks Challenge this year - climbing Ben Nevis, Scarfell Pike and Snowdon all inside 24 hours to help raise money for UNICEF.

It would be a massive honour if anyone could help me out with raising the £250 target - I'd thoroughly appreciate anything you can donate, small or large, but in pounds stirling please...

Thanks, Pete

Plonker's 3 Peaks
    •  Smockboy25Smockboy25
    • pull-my-plonker says:
      Yep. It's gunna hurt.

I'm taking on the mighty 3 Peaks Challenge this year - climbing Ben Nevis, Scarfell Pike and Snowdon all inside 24 hours to help raise money for UNICEF.

It would be a massive honour if anyone could help me out with raising the £250 target - I'd thoroughly appreciate anything you can donate, small or large, but in pounds stirling please...

Thanks, Pete

Plonker's 3 Peaks

One of my mates did this last year, very commendable! Sure will be able to give a few quid!
    •  basstardbasstard
    • Nice one Pete, will donate after pay day.

I did Ben Nevis in just over 2 hours a few years ago; seemed easy enough at the time but my legs hurt like fuck the day after (which was also the day I had to drive straight for 8 hours coming home).
      My advice is pace yourself and eat lots of bananas.
    •  OllieOllie
    • basstard says:
      Nice one Pete, will donate after pay day.

I did Ben Nevis in just over 2 hours a few years ago; seemed easy enough at the time but my legs hurt like fuck the day after (which was also the day I had to drive straight for 8 hours coming home).
      My advice is pace yourself and eat lots of bananas.

My advice is clone yourself and send that...this looks like a lot of hard work but for your valiant effort I'm sure I can find a couple of quid.
    •  mikemike
    • How hard is this challenge? I was considering having a go at it with my brother a few years ago, I think I'd die after two peaks!
    •  HopkinsHopkins
    • didn't mamba do this recently?
    •  mambamamba
    • I did the 24 peaks challenge a few years ago, which is 24 mountains in the lakes over a weekend. Not quite the same but is supposed to be similar in difficulty. It's slightly different as you don't go all the way to the bottom between peaks like you do with the 3 peaks. It nearly killed me.
    •  pull-my-plonkerpull-my-plonker
    • Cheers for all the support/advice guys - all thoroughly appreciated! It'll be a bastard no doubt, but I needed a challenege to force myself to get fit again. I'm sure the badass feeling at the top of each peak will make up for the agonising pain. Practice hill-walks will commence soon, updates to follow.

Just putting this out there, but it would be awesome if 9hz did a group charity event of some description...

Forums - General Chat - Plonker Climbing 3 Mountains in 24 hours